Cadets 2016

Tobias

There's a lot we can glean from Mechanicsburg's performance. Things I actually like...

1. If Kristy can do this with high schoolers just imagine what she can do with hungry Cadets members.

2. Equipment work is balanced with dance.

3. The variety and asymmetry of the equipment work makes the program VERY watchable and enjoyable. I was engaged in the performance, and I LOATHE WGI.

4. Props can be seen well like the red mirror shards.

I could list more, but there are lots of positives there we can look forward to seeing.

BUT, there are people involved with the guard that wont be with Cadets. Key people. with that said Joe will be there and that will help in the writing dept. Lets not forget katie H. a staple at cadets. I dont think we can take away from a great presentation from Mechanicsburg . Kristy can be very demanding from a personality standpoint ( to put it mildly..lol ) but can clean clean clean which is a great thing.

Corps have also made the mistake thinking what they see in winter will transfer to the summer. I thin k if anything cadets DO have the best chance of this BUT without bringing another corps into the mix here there will be another corps thinking winter will transfer to summer has disaster written all over it.

For sure all eyes will be on several corps with changes this summer. Good Luck to Cadets and others changing it up for the 2016 season.

• Like 3

Yes, but with Cadets2 she has proven her ideas translate to the field well.

BD's guard uses everything but the kitchen sink in their visual presentation now particularly with creative guard implements. Their 2012 show is the first to come to my mind in that respect. I don't see anything in Mechanicsburg's performance that would fail to work on the field on a grander scale.

Edited by wallace
  • Like 2

BD's guard uses everything but the kitchen sink in their visual presentation now particularly with creative guard implements. Their 2012 show is the first to come to my mind in that respect. I don't see anything in Mechanicsburg's performance that would fail to work on the field on a grander scale.

Im sure she will get the right people to get it done so to speak. C2 had John L. written all over it. Above talent and getting the right people, success will also depend on things coming together and that includes a multitude of extreme personalities.

There are many who hire the HS world staff and and great winter programs , It doesn't work often because it is so different . HS success doesnt always equate to DCI top 5 results. I surely have less concerns with Cadets as I do with another WC corps thinking they are getting a WC staff..thats another topic..lol

Time as always will tell.

Either way Cadets will prevail for sure and sometimes it is funny because Cadets failures according to some would be another corps dream situation. All relative I guess.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

Im sure she will get the right people to get it done so to speak. C2 had John L. written all over it. Above talent and getting the right people, success will also depend on things coming together and that includes a multitude of extreme personalities.

Wow... ya think......LOL

• Like 3

I agree. The other point to ponder is the Cadets are starting their transition into a WGI influenced design (new guard staff heavy in WGI, uniform alterations, new viz staff). I love the frenzied movement of Cadets and I heard the music so that will remain "in parts" of the show BUT the transition is necessary to stay competitive. BD started after the 2007 season and have been very successful but Cadets as talented and amazing as they are, still hold too much design concepts from the past so reluctantly as I'm a traditionalist, understand drill velocity, corps uniforms, props, stages, guard writing is now all on the table. Reports say brass and percussion are stellar and guard auditions coming up soon so the elements are there. Let's see how the new design team blends newness and Cadetness into a winning combo.

• Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUbMLBe-Kcg

Cadets Winter Percussion 2016 - WGI Prelims Lot Run-through

https://www.wgi.org/events/static_scores/2016/scores_PIW_Semi_Finals.php

No. Unit Name Score Independent Marching World 1 Pulse Percussion (Westminster, California) 97.125 2 Rhythm X (Dayton, Ohio) 95.425 3 Broken City (Ontario, California) 95.263 4 Music City Mystique (Nashville, Tennessee) 95.000 5 Infinity (Orlando, Florida) 94.213 6 Matrix (Akron, Ohio) 92.375 7 Cadets Winter Percussion (Allentown, Pennsylvania) 91.138 8 Cavaliers Indoor Percussion (Rosemont, Illinois) 90.375 9 Gateway Indoor (St. Louis, Missouri) 90.213 10 OC Indoor (Portland, Oregon) 89.638 11 United Percussion (Camden County, New Jersey) 88.163 12 POW Percussion (El Monte, California) 87.788 13 Atlanta Quest (Atlanta, Georgia) 87.038 14 RCC (Riverside, California) 86.725 15 Dark Sky Percussion (Long Beach, California) 86.575 16 NorthCoast Academy (Saginaw, Michigan) 85.288 17 George Mason University (Fairfax, Virginia) 85.100 18 STRYKE Percussion (Hollywood, Florida) 84.950 19 Capital City Percussion (Columbus, Ohio) 83.125 20 Palmetto Percussion (Anderson, South Carolina) 81.725

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUbMLBe-Kcg

Cadets Winter Percussion 2016 - WGI Prelims Lot Run-through

https://www.wgi.org/events/static_scores/2016/scores_PIW_Semi_Finals.php

No. Unit Name Score Independent Marching World 1 Pulse Percussion (Westminster, California) 97.125 2 Rhythm X (Dayton, Ohio) 95.425 3 Broken City (Ontario, California) 95.263 4 Music City Mystique (Nashville, Tennessee) 95.000 5 Infinity (Orlando, Florida) 94.213 6 Matrix (Akron, Ohio) 92.375 7 Cadets Winter Percussion (Allentown, Pennsylvania) 91.138 8 Cavaliers Indoor Percussion (Rosemont, Illinois) 90.375 9 Gateway Indoor (St. Louis, Missouri) 90.213 10 OC Indoor (Portland, Oregon) 89.638 11 United Percussion (Camden County, New Jersey) 88.163 12 POW Percussion (El Monte, California) 87.788 13 Atlanta Quest (Atlanta, Georgia) 87.038 14 RCC (Riverside, California) 86.725 15 Dark Sky Percussion (Long Beach, California) 86.575 16 NorthCoast Academy (Saginaw, Michigan) 85.288 17 George Mason University (Fairfax, Virginia) 85.100 18 STRYKE Percussion (Hollywood, Florida) 84.950 19 Capital City Percussion (Columbus, Ohio) 83.125 20 Palmetto Percussion (Anderson, South Carolina) 81.725

Besides Cadets and Cavies, are any of these groups affiliated with drum corps? Edited by Tobias

Besides Cadets and Cavies, are any of these groups affiliated with drum corps?

There are definitely staff ties to Blue Stars from Pulse Percussion, primarily Mapes and Grom, and definitely some players that go there too.

Riverside Community College, as mentioned is under the BD umbrella and has lots of players in both. Assessed a huge penalty in the scores above, they were 1st in prelims and I believe 2nd under Pulse before said penalty.

Oregon Crusaders indoor, speaks for itself. Very very hot drumline the past two seasons in DCI, bet playing over the winter helps with that.

Blue Knights indoor is a BK group, they used to be really good but really fell off the map in the past couple years. They've won and been fan favorite before in the 2000s.

In Independent Open you have River City Rhythm, which is where the Open Class corps came from last year.

And I think that Pioneer Indoor is related to Pioneer?

Edited by DrumManTx

There are definitely staff ties to Blue Stars from Pulse Percussion, primarily Mapes and Grom, and definitely some players that go there too.

Riverside Community College, as mentioned is under the BD umbrella and has lots of players in both. Assessed a huge penalty in the scores above, they were 1st in prelims and I believe 2nd under Pulse before said penalty.

Oregon Crusaders indoor, speaks for itself. Very very hot drumline the past two seasons in DCI, bet playing over the winter helps with that.

Blue Knights indoor is a BK group, they used to be really good but really fell off the map in the past couple years. They've won and been fan favorite before in the 2000s.

In Independent Open you have River City Rhythm, which is where the Open Class corps came from last year.

And I think that Pioneer Indoor is related to Pioneer?

Ok thanks! I know most CWP don't march in Cadets but was just interested in the ties. Thanks again.