Cadets 2016

Tobias

This IS the woman who bumped Cadets2 guard from a sad could have been to the #1 guard spot in DCA, and word is a lot of those girls are shooting for the touring corps this summer.

Obviously DCA and DCI are two different beasts, but it's an impressive resume to be sure, and I think we can all be comfortable in the assumption that at least it won't be quite as bad as last year (which I mean, objectively, still one of the best guards in the world).

lets really give credit where it is due. John L. is the creator and a long resume of turning around a guard. BUT you are right DCA as well as High school world in wgi does not equate to a top DCI corps. very different. Along with C2 improvement also came alot of controversy . I'm not getting into that but one can ask around.

IMO Cadets will prevail no matter what and GH would fire or ban his own mother from the kingdom if they don't work out and produce..lol

All the Best Cadets

Edited by GUARDLING

Not trying to burst any bubbles or be negative, but I would hate to get all hyped up about this year's guard only to be disappointed. I understand the excitement at a new face, but after last year, I have decided now that I think I'm gonna take the "wait-and-see" approach to this entire show for now.

Smart man. ALthough things could work out just fine. Just because success is in one arena doesn't mean it transfers and there are a few finalisist who have learned this the hard way. Remember also , just like placement , to improve it's not just about being better it's also about someone else slipping from standing. With that said the wait and see is good advice all around imo

This IS the woman who bumped Cadets2 guard from a sad could have been to the #1 guard spot in DCA, and word is a lot of those girls are shooting for the touring corps this summer.

Obviously DCA and DCI are two different beasts, but it's an impressive resume to be sure, and I think we can all be comfortable in the assumption that at least it won't be quite as bad as last year (which I mean, objectively, still one of the best guards in the world).

Absolutely. I profess to take nothing away from her success. I just do not want to be disappointed (relatively speaking) again thinking that this guard will be absolutely fantastic (not to say that they won't and not to take anything away from last year's Cadets' guard) only to have them possibly bomb this year due to guards that may be possibly better.

Not trying to burst any bubbles or be negative, but I would hate to get all hyped up about this year's guard only to be disappointed. I understand the excitement at a new face, but after last year, I have decided now that I think I'm gonna take the "wait-and-see" approach to this entire show for now.

There are definitely a few shows this approach would have saved me a ton disappointment if I would of had it going in instead of the everything is awesome approach I take.

I can respect that.

• Like 1

There are definitely a few shows this approach would have saved me a ton disappointment if I would of had it going in instead of the everything is awesome approach I take.

I can respect that.

I am hoping the show is going to be the SH#T, but I'm keeping my emotions in check......for now.

I am hoping the show is going to be the SH#T, but I'm keeping my emotions in check......for now.

We'll stay positive for now. Percussion is also best it's been in the past several years so it should be a decent Cadets

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

I'm getting confused with all these comments about a "camp from this weekend"

Cadets have a guard tryout for Cadets and C2 next weekend (April 29 to May 1)

Then the next full corps rehearsal is Monday May 17th for Spring Move In...

Is there another rehearsal for Brass/Percussion that I've missed?

Cadets 2 rehearse May 6-8 which I believe is the first time the whole C2 corps will have a weekend together

Edited by George Dixon

I'm getting confused with all these comments about a "camp from this weekend"

Cadets have a guard tryout for Cadets and C2 next weekend (April 29 to May 1)

Then the next full corps rehearsal is Monday May 17th for Spring Move In...

Is there another rehearsal for Brass/Percussion that I've missed?

Cadets 2 rehearse May 6-8 which I believe is the first time the whole C2 corps will have a weekend together

I think it's full corps next week along with guard final auditions, Edited by Tobias