Cadets 2016

Tobias

Certainly sounds good standing in the gym for early May :)

Yes, it most certainly did. I was sitting in the gym at the end away from the battery, so I did get some chance to actually hear the horns! :tounge2:

or if the guard is statue like , grays silvers even a slate blue . could also be worn and tornish ,very gauze like

Guard costume looks cool...they had one at the show earlier today. Different shades of stone-like colors/shapes printed on a bodysuit. VERY nice looking, at least to start the show. Corps proper uni will use the black with a printed cross sash tie-in to the guard costume. They did not have one of those there, but George showed me a pic on his cell phone.

• Like 1

Honestly, they have me very intrigued with the diversity of the music snd how it all fits. Seems like they're constructing a movie vs a drumcorps show.

Well, I think they are seeing what it takes in 2016...if they can come close to Felliniesque in design with their "Cadet demand"...WOAH!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks for your impressions on what you heard and saw, MikeD.... always good to hear from folks who were actually there, imo.

I am VERY happy they are doing a horn feature after last year's wonderful feature, and the trombones are being utilized quite well for their feature.

I am sad that they lost the violin feature when the young woman had to bow out. The trumpet feature soloist is excellent though.

• Like 1

Try not to asss-u-me anything 2C. Wasn't closely following D&BC back then, so I have no idea or interest in who may have played the same music then.

Can't curse on DCP. It's illegal #########

I also want to add - if they are taking a more literal staging approach they should "relax" the facial hair rule. Men weren't clean shaven back then!

Maybe but just for the guys. How did Roman soldiers groom their faces?