Cadets 2016

Tobias

. BD has tweaked their uni.

Yes, and in all that tweaking, in all those years, BD has always had either some white/ grey, or some blue/ black, or a combination thereof ,in their uniforms.

We can have a similar discussion of the uniforms of BD the year they come out with..... cream..... or yellow.... or brown.... or green.... or pink... or lavender..... ( the so called " bright colors " ) etc, as their predominent uniform proper colors for that season. ( but don't hold your breath ). For context, The Cadets not only changed up their 80+ years of their traditional Corps colors, they are going from their bright colors always utilized to predominently a dark color choice ( black ) for much of the uniform proper. But.... they certainly are entitled to change their Corps colors, and for as short and as long as a timeframe that they want too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Yes, and in all that tweaking, in all those years, BD has always had either some white, or some blue, or a combination, thereof in their uniforms.

We can have a similar discussion of the uniforms of BD the year they come out with..... cream..... or yellow.... or brown.... or green..... etc, as their predominent uniform proper colors for that season. ( but don't hold your breath ).

You're always yelling at me😞

You're always yelling at me

I don't believe so, and don't want you to receive it as such...( otherwise I'd be utilizing caps on all the words, and lots of exclamation points... maybe some profanity thrown in. But I've utilized none of this in my replies to you, tobias)

Edited by BRASSO

Doubt it Mike. If Corps could have saved on the costs of duds they wear, by changing them up each and every season, many more Corps would have done so already, imo. WGI units oftentimes change up their costuming each year, but thats primarily because each unit has less MM's, and its seasonal costs are much, much lower too. Also, when you say "costuming ala Guard", are you talking about EACH of the 155 marchers perhaps having separate costuming from each other, as many Guards in DCI now have amongst themselves in their Corps ? If so, that would entail even MORE financial costs, not less, imo. Also, the very definition of " uniform " is " alike ". So are you proposing non uniform costuming here for each of the 155 MM's.... and for each and every season ?.... and thus to be " more reflective of the theme selected" for each and every season ? If so, this seems WAYYY more costly for Corps to do than you might be currently thinking, Mike.

I am saying that costuming in the style of guard costumes that fit the show, not going into detail on any single corps/show. they might put sections of the corps i a variety of costumes or something...who knows? That would be based on their needs at the time. I doubt there would; be 150 different ones, but again, who knows?

I think of it more along the lines of Surf's "Down the Shore with The Jersey Surf" in 2003, where the whole corps wore board shorts and Hawaiian shirts....that was one great show and look.

There is a nice market for used guard and indoor costumes. It is easy to envision corps being able to annually resell used costumes.

Yes, and in all that tweaking, in all those years, BD has always had either some white/ grey, or some blue/ black, or a combination thereof ,in their uniforms.

We can have a similar discussion of the uniforms of BD the year they come out with..... cream..... or yellow.... or brown.... or green.... or pink... or lavender..... ( the so called " bright colors " ) etc, as their predominent uniform proper colors for that season. ( but don't hold your breath ). For context, The Cadets not only changed up their 80+ years of their traditional Corps colors, they are going from their bright colors always utilized to predominently a dark color choice ( black ) for much of the uniform proper. But.... they certainly are entitled to change their Corps colors, and for as short and as long as a timeframe that they want too.

Or...their corps colors remain, but their show costume for 2016 is something different.

I don't believe so, and don't want you to receive it as such...( otherwise I'd be utilizing caps on all the words, and lots of exclamation points... maybe some profanity thrown in. But I've utilized none of this in my replies to you, tobias)

😌
  • Like 1

The University( and High School ) Marching Bands that compete in their circuits on a football field with similar School Maarching Bands are no less supportive of retaining their traditional school colors than that school's Jazz Band musician participants that are not competing at all either. Moreover, It is odd to think that a Marching Band in judged competition on a football field with other similar competing Marching Bands is not thinking of " the competitive venture " of their exercise any less differently than any other group's competition you could think of.

Most of the college and HS jazz bands, concert bands, orchestras, etc I have seen do not wear school colors as their concert attire.

• Like 2

Most of the college and HS jazz bands, concert bands, orchestras, etc I have seen do not wear school colors as their concert attire.

Same here. It's usually the dreary black and white..lol Ive done HS bands which the drum line and pit themed what they wore to match the guard and overall theme. That's kinda cool when you see that throughout.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1