Cadets 2016

Tobias

Man I still cannot get into that ballad. Maybe after it makes it to the field.

Honestly, they have me very intrigued with the diversity of the music snd how it all fits. Seems like they're constructing a movie vs a drumcorps show.

Man I still cannot get into that ballad. Maybe after it makes it to the field.

it's very out there - staging and musical shaping will be huge... also the pit is key, which will obviously develop over spring training and summer

Front ensemble writing in Turning is very reminiscent of the ballad last year. Haha, anyone else catch the marimbas doing the one handed rolls and turning to face and turn away from eachother? Clever.

And hmm. I love the original piece, not sure yet how I feel about it here. I think it's going to be a see it on the field before I judge it kind of thing, that seems like a moment where something big will happen in the visual package, so we'll see.

• Like 2

There is a HUGE stark contrast between the Respighi and the Mackey, like gigantic. I'm more excited than worried about seeing how those two parts will be woven together, I'm guessing there is going to be a pretty huge narrative shift somewhere in the show.

The end of the Pines of Rome fast stuff, holy yes. Gimme some of that. Percussion is HOT!

• Like 1

There is a HUGE stark contrast between the Respighi and the Mackey, like gigantic. I'm more excited than worried about seeing how those two parts will be woven together, I'm guessing there is going to be a pretty huge narrative shift somewhere in the show.

The end of the Pines of Rome fast stuff, holy yes. Gimme some of that. Percussion is HOT!

Not sure if you've seen the percussion only footage from POR - amazing writing. The players are already so strong... !!!!

Just got back from their show and tell. I havent been this excited about a Cadets show since 2005. The music book feels very '90s (in the best way possible). The "ballad" is a grower, but will be incredible on the field.

• Like 5

Oh my, I have been gone so long and have been out of the loop for almost half a year. So much to catch up with, but I am liking what I am seeing so far.

• Like 1