Cadets 2016

Tobias

I would advise you not to go by the narrow view and the poor quality sound and video feed

It is MUCH better in person. The guard will be stronger than LY. The brass & Percussion is terrifc. There isn't much "scatter drill"

Whether we call it scatter or chaos, a little of that goes a long way for this fan....ymmv.

wow -- such angry people here in the Cadet thread.

Not angry at all. Glad I got to see some drum corps tonight from the comfort of my own home.

I'm sorry it didn't meet everyone's expectations.

Not angry at all. Glad I got to see some drum corps tonight from the comfort of my own home.

I'm sorry it didn't meet everyone's expectations.

your words not mine. i wanted to see more guard because that's where i think the largest changes from last year are being made. but im frustrated with the limits of video every time i watch drum corps. you're telling me you never wanted the camera to pan left or right while you're watching? im jealous --- wish the camera men could read *my* mind like that!

Edited by corpsband

I saw them in person and it is obviously a much different experience in "wide angle"

Well, thats good to know then.

your words not mine. i wanted to see more guard because that's where i think the largest changes from last year are being made. but im frustrated with the limits of video every time i watch drum corps. you're telling me you never wanted the camera to pan left or right while you're watching? im jealous --- wish the camera men could read *my* mind like that!

I agree. The guard has changed a great deal and wasn't really highlighted in a narrow view tonight. The great news is we will see much more in the coming weeks.

I like their sound but it was too difficult to tell about the visual from that view. Can't wait until more is revealed. Guess the first real view will be in the movie theater. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

after a moments consideration, i withdraw this comment for tonights performance (just remembered who the camera man was!!)

This is the risk of showing work in progress...

Some people over-hype what they saw while others give a mid-year critique.

Ahhh... drum corps fans.

Thanks for the stream George!

Lookin' good! I am thoroughly entertained!

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 1

It's a great show. GH should have had a wide angle camera set up. Viewing what's a very expansive visual show to such a limited angle really obliterates any appreciation of what they're doing.

ALSO the new light colored plumes (not in yet) and the very light grey body suits of the guard (not in yet) really breaks up what was a large chocolate soufflé on the field tonight.

Can't wait to see it in the theater in 2 weeks!

• Like 1