Cadets 2016

Tobias

It's only state of the art because it ends up producing a completely different type of show every year. Seriously, the only similarity in the BD shows from 2008-2015 is the following: white props and screaming trumpet solos. Every show has been wonderfully distinct and innovative either musically or visually via guard work/props.

This year however seems to be sticking a little too close to 2015's show, and I'm afraid it will end up coming off as stale. Hopefully I'm wrong though! (sorry for the BD tangent on a Cadets thread)

I agree with you and Cadets are hardly stale. This show is a radical shift and good for them!

Too bad you weren't paying attention in 2011, as they were my favorite that year.

This one - too early to tell. It's certainly good that they have stepped out of their comfort zone.

Ok excuse me.

I feel like someone said, "Look, if you guys want to win, you have to have a story in your show," so they just kind of dashed one together for the purpose of having a story.

The corps is great (verdict still out on the guard - yikes!), but I just feel like as usual they are a few years behind the state of the art. This show would have been "it" in 2010 or so.

I am very curious as to why you say yikes to the guard?? So they are dirty right now. It's June! And won't it be fun to watch them grow over the next month (which by the way, that staff WILL WITHOUT A DOUBT get them clean). But tonight they were also battling the elements. I just finished watching the video and honestly think that although it's dirty, it is far more accessible and way better designed than it has been in years. Last year's guard was very good but not designed well. I will take dirt in June over bad design any day!! And if you are knowledgeable with Kristy's programs and and have watched them, you know precisely what the Cadets guard will look like by the end. Her resume speaks for itself!

• Like 3

I am very curious as to why you say yikes to the guard?? So they are dirty right now. It's June! And won't it be fun to watch them grow over the next month (which by the way, that staff WILL WITHOUT A DOUBT get them clean). But tonight they were also battling the elements. I just finished watching the video and honestly think that although it's dirty, it is far more accessible and way better designed than it has been in years. Last year's guard was very good but not designed well. I will take dirt in June over bad design any day!! And if you are knowledgeable with Kristy's programs and and have watched them, you know precisely what the Cadets guard will look like by the end. Her resume speaks for itself!

Kinda feels good to hear a guard person chime in here.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 1

He just doesn't like Cadets. Sounds like a personal gripe. Always drops a few negative comments on thread then disappears. In any case, flag line will get cleaned. That's what 10 hour days for 10 weeks does.

He just doesn't like Cadets. Sounds like a personal gripe. Always drops a few negative comments on thread then disappears. In any case, flag line will get cleaned. That's what 10 hour days for 10 weeks does.

You keep saying that. I LOVE the Cadets. I strapped into the maroon and gold more than 200 times. If I ever have kids, I want them to be Cadets. Everyone is allowed to have opinions. Otherwise, why does this forum exist?

• Like 1

You keep saying that. I LOVE the Cadets. I strapped into the maroon and gold more than 200 times. If I ever have kids, I want them to be Cadets. Everyone is allowed to have opinions. Otherwise, why does this forum exist?

What years (if you don't mind my asking)?

What years (if you don't mind my asking)?

The year he marched or taught. (Cadets have the most brutal alumni and ex staffers)..
  • Like 1