Cadets 2016

Tobias

I don't really know who is innovating, but it is jarring to see the Cadets not. BD's formula is getting stale for sure, but its still the state of the art.

Yes, the instructional staff is new.

... And the drill designer.

I don't really know who is innovating, but it is jarring to see the Cadets not. BD's formula is getting stale for sure, but its still the state of the art.

Yes, the instructional staff is new.

It's only state of the art because it ends up producing a completely different type of show every year. Seriously, the only similarity in the BD shows from 2008-2015 is the following: white props and screaming trumpet solos. Every show has been wonderfully distinct and innovative either musically or visually via guard work/props.

This year however seems to be sticking a little too close to 2015's show, and I'm afraid it will end up coming off as stale. Hopefully I'm wrong though! (sorry for the BD tangent on a Cadets thread)

Darryl is far from new. Look -- I think the design feels a bit forced regardless of who wrote it. That's my take. Thankfully they changed the name from STONED.

Well of course he's not "new". He's new for the Cadets from a drill writing stand point.

What corps in their right mind would hire a drill writer who's never written drill before?

Well... seeing this on multicam is significantly different from the views I've gotten from Hop... A little in shock

All I can say is that this is THE most bizarre drum corps show I have ever seen, and that's saying something considering some of the stuff BD's put out. Wow.

It's a good bizarre though, I take it.

nah - stop fooling yourself

It's my name.

Darryl is far from new. Look -- I think the design feels a bit forced regardless of who wrote it. That's my take. Thankfully they changed the name from STONED.

I kinda see what you're saying and in some aspects, I agree with you. But let's be real here. How much more innovating can you do in drum corps? I mean, for the most part, today's drum corps are borrowing more and more from Marching Band/WGI in a lot of aspects. I don't know if we can really call that innovation per se, but I do appreciate what a lot of corps are bringing to the field albeit "trite" as some would say.

I'm Innovating.

Lol. Yes you are very innovative. Innovating since 2000 lol..
  • Like 1