Cadets 2016

Tobias

I alluded to this over in the "show" thread, but I'm not sure the storyline is sophisticated enough. The performers are terrific, and obviously it's VERY early... But the idea, at least as it was explained pre-show, seems rather thin and almost trite to me.

I feel like someone said, "Look, if you guys want to win, you have to have a story in your show," so they just kind of dashed one together for the purpose of having a story.

The corps is great (verdict still out on the guard - yikes!), but I just feel like as usual they are a few years behind the state of the art. This show would have been "it" in 2010 or so.

• Like 1

I feel like someone said, "Look, if you guys want to win, you have to have a story in your show," so they just kind of dashed one together for the purpose of having a story.

The corps is great (verdict still out on the guard - yikes!), but I just feel like as usual they are a few years behind the state of the art. This show would have been "it" in 2010 or so.

hmmm. I think you're wrong this season.

Oh give me a break. It's June 20th and the corps is tremendous. Not everything has to be so WGI two weeks ago.

Oh give me a break. It's June 20th and the corps is tremendous. Not everything has to be so WGI two weeks ago.

He and NakedEye have yet to like a Cadet show lol.

Come on, man that's not fair. I love most Cadets shows, including last year. It just pains me to see what used to be the corps that pushed become the corps that's being pulled along.

• Like 2

Honestly the lack of hate on Cadets tonight just tells you they are very very good. The critics are very very quiet. Unusually so.

Honestly the lack of hate on Cadets tonight just tells you they are very very good. The critics are very very quiet. Unusually so.

I'm being quiet until Thursday.

:)

And to be fair, pretty much everything I think I have an issue with is stuff that can change and evolve. Most of it.

As to what I DID like.

They sound amazing.

Turning. Omg.

The last 30 seconds is awesome.

They sound amazing.

Drill design is really cool at times.

They sound amazing.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

I'm being quiet until Thursday.

:)

And to be fair, pretty much everything I think I have an issue with is stuff that can change and evolve. Most of it.

As to what I DID like.

They sound amazing.

Turning. Omg.

The last 30 seconds is awesome.

They sound amazing.

Drill design is really cool at times.

They sound amazing.

June 20th. Give it time.

I knooooooooooooooooow.

:music:

That's why I said that pretty much all of it is stuff I know can/and will definitely change. Also some stuff that might improve on a second read.

I don't really think much needs to change. Nothing major that is... But I've seen it many times now, including live a few times.

This show is light years ahead of the last few years, in person it is crazy impressive. Can't wait till you get to hear it live and what you think then

I also agree with you (wrong thread, but...) that the Cavaliers are really going to be strong this year. Very excited about that!