Cadets 2016

Tobias

I think it is 2. 7. 1.

Well Played.

.After a year where the guard was often criticized, I hope that's not the case.

Let's hope they do well this upcoming season.

Well, no Cadets for my son this season. Told straight up "too young".

I'm sorry to hear this. Tell him not to give up. There's always next year. Keep practicing!

• Like 1

Let's hope they do well this upcoming season.

I personally think the visual will be vastly improved. It's a great combination of proven techs and some new caption and design blood

Applying their wonderful rehearsal technique to some "Fresh Ideas" should do the trick

Movement is critical IMO. The movement and equipment work designed for C2 was vastly superior to the Cadets book in 2015 - so that bodes well.

I personally think the visual will be vastly improved. It's a great combination of proven techs and some new caption and design blood

Applying their wonderful rehearsal technique to some "Fresh Ideas" should do the trick

Movement is critical IMO. The movement and equipment work designed for C2 was vastly superior to the Cadets book in 2015 - so that bodes well.

As with every new season, I remain optimistic until proven otherwise. Cadets 2015 was still a great show regardless of placement. I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with in 2016 and hopefully there are some lessons learned from last season.

• Like 2

Well, no Cadets for my son this season. Told straight up "too young".

As the Irish say, in NY-NJ as well as Boston, sorry for your troubles and disappointments.

As Tekk wisely said above, I hope your son keeps trying.

One aspect of an audition with many, many hopefuls is the ability of a staff to choose not only better musicians of talent and experience, but those whose bodies have matured so that the lungs are able to push more air through the horn and thus fill the soundspace of the larger stadium. It is critical with the type of style of drill that the Cadets have done since the 1980's. It is not just a matter of desire and effort. Strengthening lung capacity, chest exercises, and upper body maturity eventually leads to a better brass player/marcher for the Cadet style. As your son ages, hopefully those aspects will eventually win him the spot he wants. Hopes this makes sense to you.

• Like 2

Thanks, and no worries - he'll march somewhere else this season, and will try for the Cadets in the future.

That's the spirit!

I'm curious as to what age the Cadets consider too young? If corps have a too young policy , shouldn't they mention it in their audition information? Or do they let the person audition and then tell them they're too young?

Edited by Ghost

That's the spirit!

I'm curious as to what age the Cadets consider too young? If corps have a too young policy , shouldn't they mention it in their audition information? Or do they let the person audition and then tell them they're too young?

Audition camps have become a source of income. (And subsequent call back camps, I suppose)

That's the spirit!

they don't have a "too young" policy - other than 14... usually 16 is quite young to make Cadets, most first year are 19 and fresh out of HS band. Many rooks are 20 or 21.. However, there have been recent exceptions as young as 15 and 16, but that's way out of the norm

Kristy can clean the #### out of a guard. She kind of reminds me of April.