Cadets 2016

Tobias

Mr. Brasso - that was well said!

Thanks.

I don't think the reaction of fans to the selection of the name.. " Stoned " was immature, however. The name is all over the social media now, and the reaction from everyone would be as collectively mature as one could have expected, given the chosen name of the title. I don't think anyone is saying GH should not select a name for a show because somebody, somewhere, might be " immature " in their reactions to the name selected.... and I don't think GH cares about that ( nor should he, imo ). I think the name was selected because of its double entendre connotation, and Corps are certainly entitled to chose a name for a show as they see fit, and live with the perception of it from the vast majority of people. My belief, GH received exactly the initial public response he intended to receive with the " Stoned " moniker the Cadets chose. And I don't think the response on the part of most fans can be characterized as " immature " with that. I think most responses from national fans we've heard from ( here and on other outlets ) have been what could naturally be expected to receive with the announcement of the name of the 2016 show, given the Title, Cadets2000.

Yeah, but that's all besides the point. MY point is there should not be such a big deal about the name of a show that I'm almost sure will fit with the theme they will try to portray next summer. I think it's being blown way out of proportion (at least on here anyway). For example, look back a couple pages at the exchange I had with one of the posters who threatened to stop donating to the corps because of the name of the show. Stuff like that implies that it is taken way too seriously for a drum corps show that most likely will not be about the promotion of drugs.

2000Cadet - there have been occasions on here where your comments/replies can sometimes be classified as taking things too seriously.

That sounds like a you problem. Most people who have seen me on here know I don't take much on this site seriously.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 2

Yeah, but that's all besides the point. MY point is there should not be such a big deal about the name of a show that I'm almost sure will fit with the theme they will try to portray next summer. I think it's being blown way out of proportion (at least on here anyway). For example, look back a couple pages at the exchange I had with one of the posters who threatened to stop donating to the corps because of the name of the show. Stuff like that implies that it is taken way too seriously for a drum corps show that most likely will not be about the promotion of drugs.

I suppose the reactions to the name selected as " Stoned " will run the gamut. People are entitled to react however they want, including the reaction response from DCP poster George Dixon, a long time fan and financial supporter of The Cadets... as well as your reactions, mine, and all others on here and elsewhere. I would imagine that the name of a show won't mean that much on the scoring, placements, anyway. So to that extent, I think its fair to say that it probably won't effect The Cadets in their scoring & placement . Plus, I've never decided if I liked or disliked any Corps show in any given season by the name given to the Show. At the end of the day, its irrelevant to me. With the absence of off season info, the " Stoned " theme name is simply something to talk about.... now. By the time the product is on the field however, I would anticipate this name selected will not be quite as newsworthy... but who knows. Time will tell however.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

I suppose the reactions to the name selected as " Stoned " will run the gamut. People are entitled to react however they want, including the reaction response from DCP poster George Dixon, a long time fan and financial supporter of The Cadets... as well as your reactions, mine, and all others on here and elsewhere. I would imagine that the name of a show won't mean that much on the scoring, placements, anyway. So to that extent, I think its fair to say that it probably won't effect The Cadets in their scoring & placement . Plus, I've never decided if I liked or disliked any Corps show in any given season by the name given to the Show. At the end of the day, its irrelevant to me. With the absence of off season info, the " Stoned " theme name is simply something to talk about.... now. By the time the product is on the field however, I would anticipate this name selected will not be quite as newsworthy... but who knows. Time will tell however.

Now THAT is something on which we both can agree.

• Like 1

Oh dear god would you give it a break. Stop being so disrespectful of someone who just happens to feel differently than you do.