Cadets 2016

Tobias

great to hear. Personally I thought the "opener" - which I'll assume is a prejudged "intro" is too long and plodding as it stands. I'm getting bit sick of all these extended preambles and "introductions to the theme" - Cadets and Crown (especially) have just run them into the ground. It was so COOL back in 1988 when Cadets did the moving preshow - because it was different. Now I went to a local band show and literally 90% of the bands there had preshow music and/or preshow electronics. How about starting when you start?

sorry - I'm grumpy.

I don't mind the musical openings. It's when they seem to compete with the corps announcements. Half the time I miss the enjoyment of the opening by hoping that the announcer has everything lined up with what the corps/band is doing. This takes away from the enjoyment of what the group is playing. There have been some really nice opening statements that have been less effective because of timing.

I wish ALL corps would do their own recorded announcements to time it out correctly.

• Like 1

great to hear. Personally I thought the "opener" - which I'll assume is a prejudged "intro" is too long and plodding as it stands. I'm getting bit sick of all these extended preambles and "introductions to the theme" - Cadets and Crown (especially) have just run them into the ground. It was so COOL back in 1988 when Cadets did the moving preshow - because it was different. Now I went to a local band show and literally 90% of the bands there had preshow music and/or preshow electronics. How about starting when you start?

sorry - I'm grumpy.

I'm pretty sure they've already pointed out that the beginning is too long. Maybe go for a run so you won't be so grumpy?

Anyone else think they should use some of Dylan's 'Everybody Must Get Stoned"?

I suppose this should be the Cadets choice as to what music will best fit the Visuals.

Lots of great possibilities here for creative use of music, visuals, props, if the staff puts their creative heads together on this theme that they've chosen for themselves this season. The theme title is a veritable double entendre. Cadets will say the show is not about getting " stoned ", but of course, the title they have chosen for themselves certainly allows everyone to obviously notice the standard word connection of " stoned " to drugs. If they didn't want that public connection to drugs with this title, they could have easily gone with another title for this season's show... .. naturally, of course. But they chose the title with enough thought and deliberation, and so there it is. ( funny as all heck too, imo. ) Maybe the show is a comedy.. who knows. But the theme title is already getting enough chuckles from national Drum Corps fans to last throughout the season ( including from long time Cadets Alums too, we might add... haha! )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I suppose this should be the Cadets choice as to what stoner's music will best fit the Visuals.

Lots of great possibilities here for creative use of music, visuals, props, if the staff puts their creative heads together on this theme that they've chosen for themselves this season.

I'm pretty sure "stoner music" isn't "the theme" hahaha

I suppose this should be the Cadets choice as to what music will best fit the Visuals.

Lots of great possibilities here for creative use of music, visuals, props, if the staff puts their creative heads together on this theme that they've chosen for themselves this season. The theme title is a veritable double entendre. Cadets will say the show is not about getting " stoned ", but of course, the title they have chosen for themselves certainly allows everyone to obviously notice the standard word connection of " stoned " to drugs. If they didn't want that public connection to drugs with this title, they could have easily gone with another title for this season's show... .. naturally, of course. But they chose the title with enough thought and deliberation, and so there it is. ( funny as all heck too, imo. ) Maybe the show is a comedy.. who knows. But the theme title is already getting enough chuckles from national Drum Corps fans to last throughout the season ( including from long time Cadets Alums too, we might add... haha! )

I rarely ever agree with most of what you post but you always make good points whenever I see you post on this site.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure they've already pointed out that the beginning is too long. Maybe go for a run so you won't be so grumpy?

Come on man, Navy won yesterday. Be happy.

Come on man, Navy won yesterday. Be happy.

Umm, have you read the other posts on here? Besides, the Navy wins every time they play the Army. Nothing to see here...

I rarely ever agree with most of what you post but you always make good points whenever I see you post on this site.

Thanks for that compliment, 2000Cadet. I enjoy reading your posts and thoughts on here too.

Kudos to the Cadets for allowing us fans to hear some music. Cadets are the most open Corps in DCI, imo, when it comes to allowing some degree of access in the offseason to the national fans.

Edited by BRASSO