Cadets 2016

Tobias

The thing that kills me is.... Just drop the "D".

STONE

No connotations of being blitzed out of your mind. No callbacks to primitive forms of capital punishment.

The title just brings to mind so many more things than what the show is apparently supposed to be about.... I don't get why they'd go the route they did except to cause some faux controversy.

I'd just rather The Cadets be the talk of DCP because they're kicking ### and taking names... not for yet another Hop-manufactured "idea".

EXACTLY.

I for one am hoping for great things, but I've hoped that the last few years and have been somewhat disappointed. Last year's music was mammoth but then the show fizzled competitively at the end of the season. I am getting tired of seeing a corps that I fell in love with in the mid-1990's not coming out on top more often. It's getting old to see BD either win or come in 2nd almost constantly in this decade. The Cadets need to be more consistent.

I agree. A lot of bad decisions getting in the way...

• Like 1

Maybe next year to they can do a trombone-centric show called 'Boned. But I digress...

I like the music quite a lot. Always have. But I've never been crazy about it being played on a football field. But I think Regiment really sold the slow opener in 96 -- and this IS The Cadets we're talking about here. It's only December, who the hell knows what we'll be seeing come next August. As always, I'll reserve judgement till then.

But that title. I agree with previous suggestion to drop the "D." Or, how 'bout "unSTONEhinged." (Kidding) Or, as another poster previously suggested, "Petrified." Or, maybe, "Transmogrified?" (Though this just makes me want a Calvin and Hobbes show.) Maybe we'll get Part 3, with a Tardis door? Lots of possibilities at this point.

Well...the guard will be a lot cleaner this year (frozen as statues for the entire show) :ninja:

come on, i'm just kidding guys

I saw what you did there and I laughed for a couple of minutes. Clever clever. On a different note though, I do agree about the guard being cleaner this season. I watched a couple of videos of Kristy Templin's guards and holy crap. I'm very excited about the guard this season and I am far from a colorguard homer.

Edited by blakman7
  • Like 1

The thing that kills me is.... Just drop the "D".

STONE

No connotations of being blitzed out of your mind. No callbacks to primitive forms of capital punishment.

The title just brings to mind so many more things than what the show is apparently supposed to be about.... I don't get why they'd go the route they did except to cause some faux controversy.

I'd just rather The Cadets be the talk of DCP because they're kicking ### and taking names... not for yet another Hop-manufactured "idea".

Let's be real. Cadets could have come out with ANY show title and STILL would have been criticized for it. I truly doubt a drop of a letter would have prevented any "controversy" surrounding any show they produce. People will find something else to get bent out of shape about.

They could have called the show "Stone" which would beg the question, "Is the show about a Stone?" I think the show would be more about people being turned to stone which is why I could understand why it's called "Stoned". Maybe they could call it "Turn to Stone". Regardless, I'm sure a lot of people here would find THAT offensive or find something else to b#$tch about.

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 2

Let's be real. Cadets could have come out with ANY show title and STILL would have been criticized for it. I truly doubt a drop of a letter would have prevented any "controversy" surrounding any show they produce. People will find something else to get bent out of shape about.

They could have called the show "Stone" which would beg the question, "Is the show about a Stone?" I think the show would be more about people being turned to stone which is why I could understand why it's called "Stoned". Maybe they could call it "Turn to Stone". Regardless, I'm sure a lot of people here would find THAT offensive or find something else to b#$tch about.

Eh...sure, but "Stoned" as a show title is just hilarious.

Eh...sure, but "Stoned" as a show title is just hilarious.

As have been other show titles from multiple corps in the past, depending on how you look at them and your sense of humor.