Cadets 2016

Tobias

Wasn’t Crown’s show in 2009 about weed and didn’t Cadets do their Acid show in 2006, with the big blotters of acid on the back sideline?

I don’t get the huff about the name…maybe they’ll play puff the magic dragon, the song so painfully long that you have to be “Cadets 2016” to enjoy

Maybe it will be the new lingo

I couldn't believe Mary got Cadets 2016 with Billy before the big game

Hehehe...

very faithful. For the idiom I would think about 30 seconds needs removed from the middle. JMO

George, Hop did mention he liked the foundation but felt it was too long so he agrees.
  • Like 1

Well...the guard will be a lot cleaner this year (frozen as statues for the entire show) :ninja:

come on, i'm just kidding guys

I was wondering when THAT would become a punchline lol...

So judging from the last few years, The Cadets NEED to up their game from a competitive standpoint. Granted, they had me on the edge of my seat with some of the top finishes they had at certain shows last season when they went head to head with the other top three corps, but they'll need to finish stronger than they did last year. Hopefully this show will be the vehicle that gets them there.

Edited by 2000Cadet

I was wondering when THAT would become a punchline lol...

So judging from the last few years, The Cadets NEED to up their game from a competitive standpoint. Granted, they had me on the edge of my seat with some of the top finishes they had at certain shows last season when they went head to head with the other top three corps, but they'll need to finish stronger than they did last year. Hopefully this show will be the vehicle that gets them there.

I have a feeling things are going be VERY interesting at Cadets this season. What that means competitively I have no idea. But it's going to be a lot of fun to watch :-)

• Like 1

I for one am hoping for great things, but I've hoped that the last few years and have been somewhat disappointed. Last year's music was mammoth but then the show fizzled competitively at the end of the season. I am getting tired of seeing a corps that I fell in love with in the mid-1990's not coming out on top more often. It's getting old to see BD either win or come in 2nd almost constantly in this decade. The Cadets need to be more consistent.

• Like 2

I for one am hoping for great things, but I've hoped that the last few years and have been somewhat disappointed. Last year's music was mammoth but then the show fizzled competitively at the end of the season. I am getting tired of seeing a corps that I fell in love with in the mid-1990's not coming out on top more often. It's getting old to see BD either win or come in 2nd almost constantly in this decade. The Cadets need to be more consistent.

Trust me, I feel the exact same way.

I have a feeling things are going be VERY interesting at Cadets this season. What that means competitively I have no idea. But it's going to be a lot of fun to watch :-)

I hope so, in a good way.

The title is stupid.

It was either given zero thought, or picked solely as a PR stunt to generate "talk". Given Hop's MO over the years, I'm going with the latter. And congrats to him, it's doing just that. But ask 100,000 people what they think of when they hear the word "stoned", I will guarantee that not a single one of them will say "Oh, statues becoming human or vice versa."

But whatever... a show title is just that. I don't follow the activity because I like seeing band dorks trying to be witty with their show name.

It seems as though the horn-line is off to a solid start, so that makes me happy. Hoping the design team is fired up and hungry as well.

Here's to 8 months pot jokes.

• Like 1

The title is stupid.

It was either given zero thought, or picked solely as a PR stunt to generate "talk". Given Hop's MO over the years, I'm going with the latter. And congrats to him, it's doing just that. But ask 100,000 people what they think of when they hear the word "stoned", I will guarantee that not a single one of them will say "Oh, statues becoming human or vice versa."

But whatever... a show title is just that. I don't follow the activity because I like seeing band dorks trying to be witty with their show name.

It seems as though the horn-line is off to a solid start, so that makes me happy. Hoping the design team is fired up and hungry as well.

Here's to 8 months pot jokes.

Oh stop stirring the pot. Get it? :colgate:

I have a terrible sense of humor. :thumbdown:

Oh stop stirring the pot. Get it? :colgate:

I have a terrible sense of humor. :thumbdown:

I see what you did there.

• Like 1