Cadets 2016

Tobias

Oh dear god would you give it a break. Stop being so disrespectful of someone who just happens to feel differently than you do.

Dude whatever. I wasn't being disrespectful. I was making a point.

• Like 1

Personally I like the name of the show. Has a very "rustic" feel to it. If your mind isn't constantly on drugs like an addict's mind, of course.

Or, you've been exposed to pop culture with any significance over the past 60+ years.

In terms of etymology, the word Stoned has historically, and currently, had practically nothing directly to do with stones. The one exception is somebody being pelted to death with rocks. It is thought to be an evolution of Stone Drunk, Stone Deaf, Stone Blind .. all referring to an altered sensory state. I understand that some people are frustrated by all of the comments and feel Cadets usage is above the fray. And maybe you feel it is immature? I don't know.

But it is a curious choice to use a word with a common definition and expect the public to interpret it differently. I am reminded of some comedy films I have seen recently where a character thinks he is going to take a known offensive slang word and render it powerless by using it in a positive way. Good luck with that.

• Like 2

Or, you've been exposed to pop culture with any significance over the past 60+ years.

In terms of etymology, the word Stoned has historically, and currently, had practically nothing directly to do with stones. The one exception is somebody being pelted to death with rocks. It is thought to be an evolution of Stone Drunk, Stone Deaf, Stone Blind .. all referring to an altered sensory state. I understand that some people are frustrated by all of the comments and feel Cadets usage is above the fray. And maybe you feel it is immature? I don't know.

But it is a curious choice to use a word with a common definition and expect the public to interpret it differently. I am reminded of some comedy films I have seen recently where a character thinks he is going to take a known offensive slang word and render it powerless by using it in a positive way. Good luck with that.

Like Brasso said earlier, once the show comes to full swing, that title most likely won't be getting as much traction as it is now.

Like Brasso said earlier, once the show comes to full swing, that title most likely won't be getting as much traction as it is now.

Sure thing. But until then, it probably shouldn't be a surprise.

Edited by mingusmonk

My guess is that Hop got exactly the reaction he was looking for. And if I were a gambling man, I'd bet the ranch that the show title will change before spring training.

• Like 3

let's see....December 14 2015.

hop announces show title

people make jokes

people bash people or argue

people get offended

and #### will change 100 times between now and August.

Yup must be the annual Cadets thread.

( I will say some of the comments on Facebook were #### funny, like calling it BD's greatest hits LOL)

• Like 4

Wasn’t Crown’s show in 2009 about weed and didn’t Cadets do their Acid show in 2006, with the big blotters of acid on the back sideline?

I don’t get the huff about the name…maybe they’ll play puff the magic dragon, the song so painfully long that you have to be “Cadets 2016” to enjoy

Maybe it will be the new lingo

I couldn't believe Mary got Cadets 2016 with Billy before the big game

• Like 1