Cadets 2016

Tobias

Stoned? Really???

They are also going to play brand new music not heard before in DCI too. I think I heard they will be playing " The Wines of Rome " in their " Stoned " themed show. But thats just a rumor, and not yet confirmed.

( oh we're just foolin' around here with this. GH is a smart guy. We know he's perceptive, bright. Its not possible he did not anticipate the title's obvious double entendre with the public. the public picked up on it immediately, as he and staff knew they would. Its a planned title name, with thought, deliberation, and ultimately consensus. So I'm sure he anticipated the jokes, anger, laughter, eye brows raised, and the other range of human emotions that this 2016 show entitled " Stoned "would generate. The name chosen for the title of the show was clearly intended to generate this wide range of emotions from the public, imo. He's already successful in getting the public's attention. It might be deemed Trumpism in this regard, who knows, but lets face it, its already worked in getting everyone in DCI's attention, if nothing else. )

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

They are also going to play brand new music not heard before in DCI too. I think I heard they will be playing " The Wines of Rome " in their " Stoned " themed show. But thats just a rumor, and not yet confirmed.

( oh we're just foolin' around here with this. GH is a smart guy. We know he's perceptive, bright. Its not possible he did not anticipate the title's obvious double entendre with the public. the public picked up on it immediately, as he and staff knew they would. Its a planned title name, with thought, deliberation, and ultimately consensus. So I'm sure he anticipated the jokes, anger, laughter, eye brows raised, and the other range of human emotions that this 2016 show entitled " Stoned "would generate. The name chosen for the title of the show was clearly intended to generate this wide range of emotions from the public, imo. He's already successful in getting the public's attention. It might be deemed Trumpism in this regard, who knows, but lets face it, its already worked in getting everyone in DCI's attention, if nothing else. )

Yes, while all of this may be true, why should a name not be chosen because some people will be immature about it? And why not be a little immature about it? It's not even that serious. I refuse to believe that a corps should eliminate a title of a show because one has inferred the negative meaning of the word. If they perform a show that glamorizes drugs, which I am sure they're not, then I think that is more of a reason to get annoyed, send letters, scream at GH. But it does not seem that way based on the musical choices from the show.

Time will tell.

Yes, while all of this may be true, why should a name not be chosen because some people will be immature about it?

I don't think the reaction of fans to the selection of the name.. " Stoned " was immature, however. The name is all over the social media now, and the reaction from everyone would be as collectively mature as one could have expected, given the chosen name of the title. I don't think anyone is saying GH should not select a name for a show because somebody, somewhere, might be " immature " in their reactions to the name selected.... and I don't think GH cares about that ( nor should he, imo ). I think the name was selected because of its double entendre connotation, and Corps are certainly entitled to chose a name for a show as they see fit, and live with the perception of it from the vast majority of people. My belief, GH received exactly the initial public response he intended to receive with the " Stoned " moniker the Cadets chose. And I don't think the response on the part of most fans can be characterized as " immature " with that. I think most responses from national fans we've heard from ( here and on other outlets ) have been what could naturally be expected to receive with the announcement of the name of the 2016 show, given the Title, Cadets2000.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2