Cadets 2016

Tobias

GH implies that there could be some themes borrowed from Dr. Who in this show. Or, he could just be trolling.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153289765181911&set=a.105256256910.105626.507456910&type=3&theater

• Like 1

Count on the Cadets to stir up a shitshow controversy in December. Good old Hopkins. I can already tell this is gonna be a good one.

Personally I like the name of the show. Has a very "rustic" feel to it. If your mind isn't constantly on drugs like an addict's mind, of course.

Anyways, listening to the opener, I like it more than last year's already. Still a bit repetitive for my liking, but that's how the Cadets write music sometimes. I'm sure it'll be slimmed and trimmed by the time June comes by and I'll end up declaring my love for it. It'll be interesting to see how they're going to stage those trombones. Hopefully they don't try to be too cute with it and instead just stick with what SCV did in 2014.

Overall a very solid sounding Cadets show/theme so far and shows with just one word in the title seem to excite me for some reason. Just my 2 cents since I haven't posted on here in quite a while.

• Like 2

GH implies that there could be some themes borrowed from Dr. Who in this show. Or, he could just be trolling.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153289765181911&set=a.105256256910.105626.507456910&type=3&theater

I believe his posting of that particular photo came about shortly after someone else posted it in a comment to his official "Stoned" post ... I imagine he saw it there and it simply caught his fancy, so he posted it as well. I don't think it has any formal part in the show (so far ...)

Hop is losing it. Is it too late for Fuse to select another corps to follow for their reality show?

great to hear. Personally I thought the "opener" - which I'll assume is a prejudged "intro" is too long and plodding as it stands. I'm getting bit sick of all these extended preambles and "introductions to the theme" - Cadets and Crown (especially) have just run them into the ground. It was so COOL back in 1988 when Cadets did the moving preshow - because it was different. Now I went to a local band show and literally 90% of the bands there had preshow music and/or preshow electronics. How about starting when you start?

sorry - I'm grumpy.

So do you find mvt 4 of Pines long and plodding? This is about as faithful a transcription as we can get in drum corps. Just curious if you feel it should be chopped down to a more manageable length and what that length would be.

So do you find mvt 4 of Pines long and plodding? This is about as faithful a transcription as we can get in drum corps. Just curious if you feel it should be chopped down to a more manageable length and what that length would be.

very faithful. For the idiom I would think about 30 seconds needs removed from the middle. JMO

Yeah if you're going to remain faithful to a piece, do it with the right piece. If the piece takes too long to build, chop it up as much as possible. Just my opinion.

• Like 1