Cadets 2016

Tobias

You have a hard time telling a joke apart from "stirring the pot"

Lighten up a little :smile:

Ok. And was the scv post thread a joke as well? Just wanted to understand where u come from.

Looking forward to getting another read tonight.

If I can get myself to like the ending I will love the whole show.

Turning was my favorite when I saw it live (it was only probably the only section without copious amounts of goo). I'm hoping everything else starts to click and they finally figure out the ensemble balance

Ok. And was the scv post thread a joke as well? Just wanted to understand where u come from.

No, that post was to show xandandl that sometimes you shouldn't be haughty about something and then double down on it, especially if there's a decent chance you're wrong.

Edited by Cappybara

Turning was my favorite when I saw it live (it was only probably the only section without copious amounts of goo). I'm hoping everything else starts to click and they finally figure out the ensemble balance

Its weird, I didn't hear much live. There was some, but no more or less than everyone else.

But yes on Turning. Feel like that is getting lost in everyone's critiques of the show. I think that part of the show they absolutely hit out of the park conceptually.

Looking forward to getting another read tonight.

If I can get myself to like the ending I will love the whole show.

The ending is better. It certainly isn't perfect. But it is an improvement. The thing with the closer and new ending is they have got to get the performance levels up really high to sell the somewhat so so last third of the show. IMO.

Hope they have a good run.

Its weird, I didn't hear much live. There was some, but no more or less than everyone else.

But yes on Turning. Feel like that is getting lost in everyone's critiques of the show. I think that part of the show they absolutely hit out of the park conceptually.

I think George (or maybe it was someone else) said that the balance was just fine at rehearsal. So I'm hoping they can figure it all out, it may have something to do with the venue

Cappybara saw it tuesday. The amp was too loud that night. I saw them the next day after the goo fest and he was all over the amp team with feedback and ajustments. Hopefully they will get it right. I totally agree with Cappybara that it marred an otherwise solid performance on tuesday.

• Like 1

"Ok."

Cappybara - did you march? Did you donate? Did you volunteer?

IMO people come here to express appreciation for the activity which based on your numerous posts is quite evident.

It's clear you love this activity.

After all the viewing of whatever media including live shows, are you still allowed to formulate an opinion? Are you allowed to identify patterns to formulate these opinions?

Cappybara saw it tuesday. The amp was too loud that night. I saw them the next day after the goo fest and he was all over the amp team with feedback and ajustments. Hopefully they will get it right. I totally agree with Cappybara that it marred an otherwise solid performance on tuesday.

Yeah musically the corps is outstanding and I think the goo hid some of the brilliance of that hornline (and some of the drum parts too).

• Like 1

I think George (or maybe it was someone else) said that the balance was just fine at rehearsal. So I'm hoping they can figure it all out, it may have something to do with the venue

Yeah. I hope so too. The brass line is way too good to cover up with thump thump thump.

It was better at rehearsal monday and wednesday, I haven't heard as much from their thursday night competition