Cadets 2016

Tobias

The poster was saying the hard work of the members wouldn't matter (score wise) because the design was such a disaster.

This is just about 100% true. You could play Mary Had a Little Lamb perfectly in time and in tune, while marching a physically perfect box drill and would lose because the show isn't "effective."

DCI titles are won and lost by the adults in the bar in December, not by the members on the field in August.

• Like 1

Believe it not, not everyone's emotional response to a show is based on how it scores.

Maybe drum corps doesn't come from a score. Maybe drum corps, perhaps, means a little bit more.

Well played. Also I loved the 12.25 show. The people who thought this show to be beneath their sophisticated palette missed out on a fun, excellent show.

• Like 3

This is just about 100% true. You could play Mary Had a Little Lamb perfectly in time and in tune, while marching a physically perfect box drill and would lose because the show isn't "effective."

DCI titles are won and lost by the adults in the bar in December, not by the members on the field in August.

Yeah - I disagree. Design matters, but it is not the beginning, middle and end of the equation. Everything matters and plays a role. Corps talent. Work ethic. Effective practices. Good basic technique, teaching staff etc... AND design

Do you remember several years ago when the Blue Devils were being criticized pretty heavily on DCP? The beginning of the year is was Phantom Regiment and now it's the Cadets and Madison Scouts. I think George Dixon is leading to a point: Only those who have given their time and/or money supporting a particular corps should be making comments..

How do you intend to police this? Silly.

• Like 1

How do you intend to police this? Silly.

I'm suggesting or implying nothing of the sort. And I haven't said anything of the sort. I created DCP and purposefully made it FREE and open to anyone.

Well played. Also I loved the 12.25 show. The people who thought this show to be beneath their sophisticated palette missed out on a fun, excellent show.

Agreed, it's one of my favorites

Yeah - I disagree. Design matters, but it is not the beginning, middle and end of the equation. Everything matters and plays a role. Corps talent. Work ethic. Effective practices. Good basic technique, teaching staff etc... AND design

Everything matters, but you cannot win without an acceptable design. Period.

• Like 2

I agree with you....however, design shouldn't be the end all be all. I almost think corps are mostly judged on design. How else can one explain the Cadets being 5th in music the last two weekends? And, there is not one darn thing wrong with their musical design. I just don't get it - at all.

Everything matters, but you cannot win without an acceptable design. Period.

I would agree with that, but it seems if your show has design faults in one area, all captions are punished for it. I cannot for the life of me understand why the Cadets have been 5th in Music. Baffling, really.