Cadets 2016

Tobias

You must have missed my posts about how I love the show musically, that I think the activity is better when the Cadets are at the top of their game, et al.

I criticize because it is disappointing that the same problem has plagued them for two seasons in a row and they have done nothing to fix it. It is not that I don't "like" the Cadets; I just want them to be at the the pinnacle the have achieved before.

I don't think you've been overly negative. I do think you're slightly exaggerating the staging issue. JMO. But I do agree it is an issue, and they've improved it somewhat with the changes.

Newsflash - Crown just changed their story line THIS WEEK

And as far as pacing - Crown example: Roxanne is way too long and the ballad is way too short

The point being - no show is "perfect" and now show is "a disaster of epic performances"

We can all find things to love or dislike in any top show. It's the nature of the beast...

But I agree - pacing and the "show arc" is among the biggest decisions of importance when you design a drum corps show, or write a speech, or put together a meeting (which I do a lot of) etc...

They did, and I'm not convinced it was a good idea. But to each his own. Maybe if you never saw the previous ending you wouldn't care about the difference, maybe you'd like the new ending just fine. Maybe they planned this all along, as some have suggested. Don't know, don't really care. I sort of wish I had seen the crown show in Nashville without having seen it online, to see what my reaction would be.

Agree on Roxanne, it's laborious and sort of stalls out the pace of the show. At the end of Roxanne, I sort of have to mentally regroup for the rest of the show.

As far as Cadets, since this is the Cadets thread, I doubt many corps have rewritten half of their show mid season. The fact that cadets could do it at all and put out a great performance says infinitely more about the talent of the organization than anything else.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 2

Go CADETS! Tonight is a must for stellar performance! Clean, powerful, Cadets like!

• Like 3

As far as Cadets, since this is the Cadets thread, I doubt many corps have rewritten half of their show mid season. The fact that cadets could do it at all and put out a great performance says infinitely more about the talent of the organization than anything else.

I remember 2009 Phantom did this with that disaster of a show. They ended up being able to save it for the most part but the Cadets this year have done a much better job! I didn't care for the show to start with and love the show now. Keep working Cadets!

• Like 1

I remember 2009 Phantom did this with that disaster of a show. They ended up being able to save it for the most part but the Cadets this year have done a much better job! I didn't care for the show to start with and love the show now. Keep working Cadets!

Musically that Phantom show was actually really good, but it was bad conceptually and visually so they suffered

• Like 1

Something that has gotten virtually no attention, and may be one of my most favorite things of the season, is the make up for this year's cadets guard. It's incredible how detailed it is, and every time I see it I just wonder how long it takes to put it on and take it off.

Musically that Phantom show was actually really good, but it was bad conceptually and visually so they suffered

Are you expressing an opinion? Have you not learned yet?

Have you yet been tested on the DCP Kobayashi Maru test to express an opinion here?

Edited by Fish
  • Like 1

Are you expressing an opinion? Have you not learned yet?

Have you yet been tested on the DCP Kobyashi Maru test to express an opinion here?

I guess I just never learn hahahah