Cadets 2016

Tobias

' Lots of high expectations for The Cadets 2016 program from my readings here and from talking to people.

• Like 1

I erased what I originally wrote. As usual like previous years the Cadets thread continues to amaze

Please do not point out anything about the Cadets that may cause anyone to feel that they are not the best. It will only leads to revisionist history.

This is a debate. People come on here to do just that. People make points and counterpoints. I'll continue to do just that. You and I are done. Case closed.

Anyway, as Brasso says, there are a lot of high expectations for Cadets show this year. I really hope they live up to it because last year they were close, and I'll just leave it at that.

Anyway, as Brasso says, there are a lot of high expectations for Cadets show this year. I really hope they live up to it because last year they were close, and I'll just leave it at that.

The Cadets have seemingly made Guard staff changes, and so my guess, they will be right back in the hunt, if they improve this all important Corps section. In the meantime, people are just having fun with the Title chosen for the 2016 Cadets show. By Championships, nobody ( of few ) will care what all these Corps are naming their Shows for the season.

• Like 2

The Cadets have seemingly made Guard staff changes, and so my guess, they will be right back in the hunt, if they improve this all important Corps section. In the meantime, people are just having fun with the Title chosen for the 2016 Cadets show. By Championships, nobody ( of few ) will care what all these Corps are naming their Shows for the season.

I REALLY hope this guard change does them justice. Would be nice to see a type of guard like they had during the 90s. Honestly the biggest things I'm nervous about is the guard caption and the drill and it is because I've neither seen any of the work by the guard caption head (sans a few youtube videos) nor by the new visual designer (even though he "teched" me when I marched).

This is a debate. People come on here to do just that. People make points and counterpoints. I'll continue to do just that. You and I are done. Case closed.

I believe he/she meant there are a lot of HIGH expectations. :whistle:

• Like 1

I believe he/she meant there are a lot of HIGH expectations. :whistle:

Its a double entendre off season.

Its about all we got (haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

The Cadets show name "controversy" will fade/pass. As others have suggested, it's early winter and they frankly tend to "revise" the show titles anyway. Hoping this one was run up the flag pole as a "test" and a bit of "attention bait" and as the concept gets flushed out cooler heads will prevail and they won't be calling a high-profile youth-organizations summer program "Stoned" - I'm holding out hope they will revise it.

Cadets are at a very interesting fork in the road - having jumped around in various creative directions the past decade - I'm hoping the "serious" music approach of this upcoming season, as well as 2015, 2013 is a trend they are realizing can work quite well. Both 2013 and 2015 programs could have won with better visual designs and guard execution. The changes in that aspect of the design staff creates a reason to have hope and optimism. The decision to name the program "Stoned" however creates doubt in my mind. It's just tacky, frankly.

We'll see.

The Cadets show name "controversy" will fade/pass. As others have suggested, it's early winter and they frankly tend to "revise" the show titles anyway. Hoping this one was run up the flag pole as a "test" and a bit of "attention bait" and as the concept gets flushed out cooler heads will prevail and they won't be calling a high-profile youth-organizations summer program "Stoned" - I'm holding out hope they will revise it.

Cadets are at a very interesting fork in the road - having jumped around in various creative directions the past decade - I'm hoping the "serious" music approach of this upcoming season, as well as 2015, 2013 is a trend they are realizing can work quite well. Both 2013 and 2015 programs could have won with better visual designs and guard execution. The changes in that aspect of the design staff creates a reason to have hope and optimism. The decision to name the program "Stoned" however creates doubt in my mind. It's just tacky, frankly.

We'll see.

We'll see if the show design fits with the title of the show like I'm hoping it will, in which case I will be glad they will have kept the title. Otherwise, I will agree at that point that it is tacky if the design does not fit the name.