Cadets 2016

Tobias

I REALLY hope this guard change does them justice. Would be nice to see a type of guard like they had during the 90s. Honestly the biggest things I'm nervous about is the guard caption and the drill and it is because I've neither seen any of the work by the guard caption head (sans a few youtube videos) nor by the new visual designer (even though he "teched" me when I marched).

Hey Tekk, if I'm not mistaken, I think that Darryl wrote the drill for BAC 2013 "Rise". I think.....could be wrong. Also, he was the designer/writer of visual at Claudia Taylor Johnson Marching Band. They go to BOA and all of that stuff. There's some good stuff going on in both shows if you get a chance to check it out. Also, if I'm wrong about any of this information.....someone please correct me. Thanks.

This is a debate. People come on here to do just that. People make points and counterpoints. I'll continue to do just that. You and I are done. Case closed.

Anyway, as Brasso says, there are a lot of high expectations for Cadets show this year. I really hope they live up to it because last year they were close, and I'll just leave it at that.

what year isn't there very high expectations for any of the top corps , especially Cadets. Cadets and a few others are ALWAYS held to a higher standard and incredible expectations. It's like that with all winners.

• Like 2

I REALLY hope this guard change does them justice. Would be nice to see a type of guard like they had during the 90s. Honestly the biggest things I'm nervous about is the guard caption and the drill and it is because I've neither seen any of the work by the guard caption head (sans a few youtube videos) nor by the new visual designer (even though he "teched" me when I marched).

I agree. the 90s guards were lightning in a bottle, that's for sure. Hard to live up to many of those years and takes very special circumstances.

• Like 1

Hey Tekk, if I'm not mistaken, I think that Darryl wrote the drill for BAC 2013 "Rise". I think.....could be wrong. Also, he was the designer/writer of visual at Claudia Taylor Johnson Marching Band. They go to BOA and all of that stuff. There's some good stuff going on in both shows if you get a chance to check it out. Also, if I'm wrong about any of this information.....someone please correct me. Thanks.

I will definitely have to check those out for sure. Thanks a lot for the suggestions.

what year isn't there very high expectations for any of the top corps , especially Cadets. Cadets and a few others are ALWAYS held to a higher standard and incredible expectations. It's like that with all winners.