Cadets 2016

Tobias

My point is stop giving naysayers obvious fodder to gripe about. Let them have to look for #### to complain about rather than handing it to them on a silver platter.

And maybe...just MAYBE...the fact that they have announced what they did, and the way they did, already indicates their level of concern (or may I say, a justifiable lack thereof) regarding the naysayers and their griping.

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1

Do you visit any other threads on this forum?

It seems to be that people find things to complain about with pretty much everything on here.

Yeah but I'm on THIS thread discussing the title of CADETS show.

Edited by 2000Cadet

Yeah but I'm on THIS thread discussing the title of CADETS show.

The bad title of Cadets show. :tounge2:

Even still, if the title ends up being the only problem, they are probably still golden. *shrugs. :cool:

• Like 1

As much crap as The Cadets get sometimes for stuff, I don't think that has anything to do with the reaction to the title. I'd guess the reaction would be identical if it were Crown or Devils or Coats. The title works for the show and the theme they're taking, but it obviously has double meanings intended or not and of course people are gonna react, poke fun, and get upset about it. That happens with just about anything in this day and age. I like the idea of just taking a letter off or whatever. I guess if the title is all people have to complain about right now that's not a bad problem.

I'm personally finding a lot more interest in the beautiful Respighi stuff they shared and thinking about where they can go with the theme. Maybe that's just me.

Is it summer yet?

:)

Edited by DrumManTx

maybe somebody ought to start a 2nd thread just concerned with the title of the show. all the gripers and quipsters can visit it and fully explore the depths of their grousing/jocularity.

I swear, a showtitle hasn't been this big of a springboard for wit since 01 Glassmen.

just hope everybody gets it out of their system now and maybe with a brief BRIEF resurgence in June. Because I can't promise my veneer of decorum will be maintained through dozens of punsters leaning conspiratorially across the table and remarking that 'somebody must have been \ wish I were \ somebody ought to be' as if they each were the first to remark such.

• Like 3

I think this will be great show once it gets rolling.

Yes. we shouldn't get stuck in the weeds here re. " Stoned ".

haha!.... as for fans reacting to the title, GH and his staff don't care what the reaction of the national fans would be , so why on earth should any fans get concerned with what other fans are saying about the Title. I seen no need to come to the defense of the Cadets on this, as they are not seeking approval, nor defense. And I see no need for some fans to get angry or upset with what national fans are saying about the title either. While there are some fans angry with the title chosen by The Cadets, the vast majority of national fans are apparently just laughing and having fun with the title " Stoned ". So if GH is apparently unconcerned, why should a few others be ?

Edited by BRASSO

maybe somebody ought to start a 2nd thread just concerned with the title of the show. all the gripers and quipsters can visit it and fully explore the depths of their grousing/jocularity.

I swear, a showtitle hasn't been this big of a springboard for wit since 01 Glassmen.

just hope everybody gets it out of their system now and maybe with a brief BRIEF resurgence in June. Because I can't promise my veneer of decorum will be maintained through dozens of punsters leaning conspiratorially across the table and remarking that 'somebody must have been \ wish I were \ somebody ought to be' as if they each were the first to remark such.

I think I am going to lose sleep over the threatened loss of your "veneer of decorum." What is this....a daycare?

Edited by Fish
  • Like 1