Troopers 2016

I got to see it. It is VERY different. But, based on this sketch, I honestly believe it still fits the corps and is a good direction for them towards a look that fits in modern drum corps.

Full disclosure, it will be a struggle for long time Troopers fans to adjust to. But please, give it a chance.

It's not a matter of confidence. They've designed the uniform. They're going to wear it. On the field. In public. In front of judges. Of course they're confident.

Then leave it up.

They may have a better pic they want to use, or they may want to post in on their website instead, who knows? I'm sure it will be viewable for all the world soon enough. To suggest this is some kind of failure of nerve is just silly.

And posting it then pulling it isn't silly? You're reaching pretty far to defend the decisions, still looks weak to me.

Their Facebook page reached more people than the corps website in terms of views, and the fact that the corps itself posted the pic, and not some fan, doesn't help your theory.

I'm all for supporting a corps and their choices, but chugging the kool-aid is a bit much.

And posting it then pulling it isn't silly? You're reaching pretty far to defend the decisions, still looks weak to me.

Their Facebook page reached more people than the corps website in terms of views, and the fact that the corps itself posted the pic, and not some fan, doesn't help your theory.

I'm all for supporting a corps and their choices, but chugging the kool-aid is a bit much.

I find this whole argument silly. The corps admin will do what the corps admin will do. Fred Morris is a smart man.

• Like 2

IMO Troopers, along with every other corps, can do whatever they want online without any explanation for their actions. Edited by Fish
  • Like 3

For those late to the discussion:

If the show is new territory for a corps that will mark its 59th year in 2016, so is the look. The Troopers will bring out a new uniform, featuring a cream-colored jacket evoking a 19th-Century figure, topped by a white Stetson..."We wanted it to feel human, accessible. We were looking for the human quality of it, with clear nods to history, " Raiford said.

Besides, he said, "Good guys wear white hats."

• Like 1

Pretty sure the internet just got played by the Troopers. The notion that they pulled the uniform because of too much negativity is preposterous. Maybe that was the Ghost Rider version of the uniform....here one minute...gone the next.