Troopers 2016

How about the new uniforms? I heard recently that they will be pretty drastically different, yet still keeping with the corps traditions (a la short-sleeved Madison Scouts). As an alum who welcomes change (though I may be in the minority), I'm curious what everyone else would think of a changing the uniform to something radically different by the Troopers' standards.

Several things always happen... you can count on

1. The "how dare they, Mr Jones is rolling over in his grave" crowd

2. The "where's the yellow scarf's" crowd

3. The "that's not a Trooper uniform" crowd

4. The "look, it's a WGI costume" crowd

This time will be no different.

Several things always happen... you can count on

1. The "how dare they, Mr Jones is rolling over in his grave" crowd

2. The "where's the yellow scarf's" crowd

3. The "that's not a Trooper uniform" crowd

4. The "look, it's a WGI costume" crowd

This time will be no different.

The first three candidates above will merge their campaigns before endorsing the 4th option. All will commonly call for a return to BITD. Art imitating life.

• Like 2

Well, they just posted this to their facebook this morning, so hopefully they'll at least release some information about the show. I can't imagine they'll show us anything about the uniform, but here's hoping.

The first three candidates above will merge their campaigns before endorsing the 4th option. All will commonly call for a return to BITD. Art imitating life.

...imitating art imitating life imitating art imitating life.... (Ad Hominem, Ad Libitum, Ad Nauseum, or Ad Vitam Aeternam -- depending on the particular fence upon which one sits. And no...that has nothing to do with 2015.)

Edited by HornTeacher

http://trib.com/news/local/casper/troopers-take-field-honoring-heroes/article_bc8a7a07-4672-58a7-b429-aea6c073576d.html

Each movement will represent a different type of hero - Veterans, those living with HIV/AIDS, Firefighters and other first responders, and lastly those who have dealt with breast cancer. Music will include "Walking With Heroes," an original work by Robert W. Smith, and Coldplay's "Fix You."

Edited by acolli17

http://trib.com/news/local/casper/troopers-take-field-honoring-heroes/article_bc8a7a07-4672-58a7-b429-aea6c073576d.html

Each movement will represent a different type of hero - Veterans, those living with HIV/AIDS, Firefighters and other first responders, and lastly those who have dealt with breast cancer. Music will include "Walking With Heroes," an original work by Robert W. Smith, and Coldplay's "Fix You."

Wow, talk about potential for an emotionally charged show. Huge props to them for paying tribute to these different, very real and brave heroes. Didn't consider this the route they would take with it, but it seems very fitting for them while retaining their identity.

Any chance to hear Paul Lovatt Cooper again on the field, especially something that was in Crowns 2013 show is going to be fantastic. Robert W Smith is a great composer, I'm sure anything by him will be nice. And while I may not be the biggest Cold Play fan, their stuff translates to the field INCREDIBLY well, thinking back to BOA, "Fix You" has had some great usage (Cedar Ridges "Flock" and Owassos scare crow show a few years back).

Very interesting rep for the Troopers, certainly more modern and a really great theme have the ingredients for a fantastic show. Really excited to see the Troopers this summer!

Wow, talk about potential for an emotionally charged show. Huge props to them for paying tribute to these different, very real and brave heroes. Didn't consider this the route they would take with it, but it seems very fitting for them while retaining their identity.

Any chance to hear Paul Lovatt Cooper again on the field, especially something that was in Crowns 2013 show is going to be fantastic. Robert W Smith is a great composer, I'm sure anything by him will be nice. And while I may not be the biggest Cold Play fan, their stuff translates to the field INCREDIBLY well, thinking back to BOA, "Fix You" has had some great usage (Cedar Ridges "Flock" and Owassos scare crow show a few years back).

Very interesting rep for the Troopers, certainly more modern and a really great theme have the ingredients for a fantastic show. Really excited to see the Troopers this summer!

Yeah, I'm really interested to see how much the music Smith writes fits the identity they've had all of these years. Very smart from the design staff to make their theme the most American aspect of this, so that it allows the music to be a little more varied. I'm really excited to hear what they'll do with the Coldplay music, for some reason I always pair Fix You with the Some Nights fanfare the Colts (or was it Crossmen?) did a few years ago. I think it's going to translate extremely well.

How about the new uniforms? I heard recently that they will be pretty drastically different, yet still keeping with the corps traditions (a la short-sleeved Madison Scouts). As an alum who welcomes change (though I may be in the minority), I'm curious what everyone else would think of a changing the uniform to something radically different by the Troopers' standards.

As long as they look good on the field (this is probably the biggest thing for me), and you could still identify them as the Troopers, I'm cool with it.

I'm glad to see that they are conveying a message true of the broad-based contemporary "Americana"...and not one which is merely a reflection of the philosophies of a chosen influential few. (Mods...if this is too "political" for inclusion on DCP, I will accept your decision to expurgate it with grace and equanimity.)

Edited by HornTeacher
  • Like 1