Troopers 2016

The stadium guy threw the first punch unprovoked...at that point retaliation is inevitable.

The Troop staffer should've stopped after the other guy was down, but the human reaction is to keep going.

The fight went on too long, but ultimately, fault MUST lie with the stadium employee for starting a physical altercation.

• Like 1

I support any staff who protects the kids and the corps!

The stadium guy threw the first punch unprovoked...at that point retaliation is inevitable.

Retaliation is not inevitable. Self control is a virtue I would expect to see in any representative of this fine organization.

So then when approached by a violent person who is throwing equipment, and striking staff members, the appropriate response is to....run? Gather up the 180ish people and all of the equipment and leave the area before this person can attack someone else or damage their equipment? You're living in a fantasy world. As soon as that person put his hands on a staff member he needed to be neutralized before he attacked someone else, and that's exactly what happened.

I support any staff who protects the kids and the corps!

Apparently they were in a location they weren't supposed to be in and were asked to move. The next thing that should have happened was that they moved. Period.

So then when approached by a violent person who is throwing equipment, and striking staff members, the appropriate response is to....run? Gather up the 180ish people and all of the equipment and leave the area before this person can attack someone else or damage their equipment? You're living in a fantasy world. As soon as that person put his hands on a staff member he needed to be neutralized before he attacked someone else, and that's exactly what happened.

Would there have been any other ways to "neutralize" this person? Also, why is there a person in the video appearing to try to restrain Tim before he threw his first punch, if the security guard was so obviously dangerous? I'm done with this.

• Like 1

Apparently they were in a location they weren't supposed to be in and were asked to move. The next thing that should have happened was that they moved. Period.

They were in a location that every single drum corps since 2009 has occupied during finals week. Various personal accounts (from sources outside the holy DCP) have noted that this "worker" has heckled various corps and their staff and members for a few years now

. In the end, I've learned a video doesn't always offer the true story.

Oh my.... Drum Corps or otherwise... you sure have this comment right on the money, DrumManTx.

• Like 2

Would there have been any other ways to "neutralize" this person? Also, why is there a person in the video appearing to try to restrain Tim before he threw his first punch, if the security guard was so obviously dangerous? I'm done with this.

Good, because you're being unreasonable.

The reported facts remain that this person initiated a violent encounter with a staff member, and another person. Throwing a punch, biting someone, and placing the staff member in a chokehold. The staff member defended himself and his corps appropriately. He didn't initiate the physical altercation.