Cadets Guard vs. Crown Percussion

DCP really does turn into something else once the season ends..

A pumpkin ?

Exception, not the trend.

When was the last time Crown's percussion was in second? My point? Both these corps have their flawed captions, but Crown placed 5th last year. Cadets haven't placed 5th since I don't remember. Both Cadets and Crown will be fine.

My money is on the percussion team for Crown. Showing improvement last season and full off season - and most imortantly, the ability to bring in the talent based on their current momentum, I look for Crown to get into the discussion for the top-tier for percussion in 2016. With the strength of their brass and guard, their percussion doesn't have to win the Sanford. They merely need to be within a 1/2 point of the leader to once again contend for the title.

I don't think kids are any more eager to want to be on Crown today than they were 6/7 years ago. But if you think about it, that's actually a good thing.

Edited by How_Will_It_End?

When was the last time Crown's percussion was in second? My point? Both these corps have their flawed captions, but Crown placed 5th last year. Cadets haven't placed 5th since I don't remember. Both Cadets and Crown will be fine.

2009, 2nd place at Finals.

In fairness, they went back & forth with Cadets at championships. Cadets beat them at prelims, fell behind them at Semis, and then completely tanked their finals run (Cadets were 7th in percussion at Finals after the snare collision). Crown's percussion journey has definitely been a twisted one - they finished 12th in 2006, got a whole lot better briefly under Beddis, then fell behind a bunch of other lines in recent years.

Edited by ShortAndFast

2009, 2nd place at Finals.

In fairness, they went back & forth with Cadets at championships. Cadets beat them at prelims, fell behind them at Semis, and then completely tanked their finals run (Cadets were 7th in percussion at Finals after the snare collision). Crown's percussion journey has definitely been a twisted one - they finished 12th in 2006, got a whole lot better briefly under Beddis, then fell behind a bunch of other lines in recent years.

Honestly I think they are victims are a hand full of really sick lines ahead of them. (Cadets, BD, SCV, Bloo) have had consistently crazy great lines.

Honestly I think they are victims are a hand full of really sick lines ahead of them. (Cadets, BD, SCV, Bloo) have had consistently crazy great lines.

It's not like they scored a 19.15 and got 5th. They got an 18.95, 0.25 behind Vanguard.

BD 19.7, Bloo 19.55, Cadets 19.5, SCV 19.2

Finishing 5th behind 4 great lines is different than finishing 5th because you played dirty rolls most of the show.

An 18.95 is never going to be a top 3 score. They still would have lost by 0.3 to BD with a 19.5 (Cadets 3rd place score) or 0.05 with a perfect score.

I'm honestly shocked they still won Music Analysis with that drumline. A 99 in Achievement, really?

At Finals over the past 15 seasons...

Average Percussion placement for the DCI Champion: 2.4

Average Finals placement for the highest scoring corps in Percussion: 2.4

6 times the DCI Champion had the highest Percussion score (4 of those were from 2005-2009). 4 times the 3rd place corps had the highest Percussion score.

Therefore, 67% of the time the highest Percussion score went to a top 3 corps. 40% of the time to the DCI Champion.

Crown needs to earn a high enough score in percussion (within a few tenths of the winner), not necessarily a high enough placement to compete for another title.

That rifle line had balls.

I'm pretty sure Cavaliers and Scouts have the most. lol

15 could have gone anyway. I thought Cadets were on fire yet they didn't even medal but I thought they were the winners that night. Then there was the gift from SCV in percussion and the brass choke by Crown but BD was really on fire and the surprise ending really pused it over the edge. Personally I think it should have been a tie between BD and Cadets. 2015 produced borh my all time favorite shows from both those corps!!!!

I'm pretty sure Cavaliers and Scouts have the most. lol

15 could have gone anyway. I thought Cadets were on fire yet they didn't even medal but I thought they were the winners that night. Then there was the gift from SCV in percussion and the brass choke by Crown but BD was really on fire and the surprise ending really pused it over the edge. Personally I think it should have been a tie between BD and Cadets. 2015 produced borh my all time favorite shows from both those corps!!!!

Agreed. My heart said Crown won but not their strongest performance. Bloo had electronic issues and if you use electronics, then that counts. I thought Cadets were phenomenal Saturday night and BD equally magical. I had it :

1. BD 2. Cadets 3. Crown 4. Bloo

but judges momentum in that last week was hard to shift.