New BD CEO

... Justin Heimbecker?

It is with that vision in mind, that after 24 years of leading the Blue Devils organization, David Gibbs is announcing his decision to transition into a new role. "As we continue to grow and thrive, I feel that the time is right for us to add to our leadership team in a significant way," says Gibbs. "And I am excited to announce that on February 29th, the Blue Devils family will welcome Justin Heimbecker as the new CEO of BD Performing Arts."

So does this mean Gibbs is out of the "creative loop?"

I think Gibbs will still be director of the A Corps. From what I understand (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but BDPA is the umbrella organization under which the two corps, indoor program, System Blue, etc. all reside.

BDPA is to the Blue Devils as YEA! is to the Cadets.

I think Gibbs will still be director of the A Corps. From what I understand (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but BDPA is the umbrella organization under which the two corps, indoor program, System Blue, etc. all reside.

Nope.

"To that end, Dave will continue as Senior Executive Advisor to BDPA, working directly with both Justin and the board for as long as it is needed. Adding Justin to the team will allow Dave to focus on exciting new projects as well as manage the increasing growth of System Blue as the brand's President and Board Chair."

• Like 1

So it wasn't an earthquake that hit Allentown

Yeah... I'm not sure I'd be over-reacting in how much of a steal this was for BD and what a hit it is for YEA!.

You are correct. BDPA is the whole organization which included BDA. BD in the past 10 years has really expanded to include now System Blue and last year's BD International and RCC Winter Drumline. A lot for one person.