BD Pro Percussion "Fatboy". Never been anything like it.

The drums are made by an English company Natal so I bet the drum set is going to be nice. I hope they also develop the pit equipment. the front ensemble is doing a whole new style of warm ups now. They are doing etudes instead of the old check pattern stuff like dirt etc. My son played some of them for me on his synth.

I went to camp last Sunday and their hornline is more balanced sounding than anything I have ever heard. The music sounds classical. I only heard a couple things but what I heard sounded incredible. They are doing some really great things in Concord. Too bad the pit was not there for me to watch but I live close enough now to ride my bike to Mars.

Part of this overall announcement.

http://systemblue.newswire.com/news/the-revolution-is-live-7376965

System Blue enters the music products industry. Together, this is our time.

Kansas City, MO, January 21, 2016 (Newswire.com) - ​​​It is with great excitement we announce that System Blue has entered into a compelling new era. January 2016 marks a definitive moment. System Blue will design and manufacture all of its own brass and percussion instruments. This is a hugely momentous move and is a definitive moment in the company’s history. With over 100 years of combined experience, System Blue is now designed and manufactured by System Blue. Our time is now. https://systemblue.org/

Even if BD is making a switch to their own product, the drums pictured on the website (both the Fatboys professional series and the Traditional series) are 3D drawings. Looks like it might be a bit early to be outfitting an entire drum corps.

• Like 1