BD Pro Percussion "Fatboy". Never been anything like it.

I guess they could have chosen Littleman, or Litle Fat, or Man Boy...oh, never mind that last one. :wow: .

.. or the little drummer boy

I like the overall sound.. a little deeper, richer, fuller sound to these old dog's ears than with some other mfg.'s tenors, snares.

Actually Ludwig just introduced a new redesign of all their marching drums at PASIC this year. Some of their ideas are pretty neat.

Basic design isn't too different from the Remo Legato, upper half of Dynasty's SFX or even Andante's Reactor snare. At the end of the day, there are only so many ways to attach a rim to a shell. The carbon fiber suspension rings are new, but I think Ming's carbon fiber drums even tried that already. The only drawback to the single-edged batter rim is that you can't rotate them, so over time you might see uneven wear. Overall, it's an intriguing design, and ordinarily one I'd see more as a gimmick, but if System Blue is throwing their weight behind it, it's worth exploring in more detail. Clearly those guys know what they're doing.

Mike

yeah they arent going to tie their name to it and have it suck.

• Like 1

Ludwig's back in the game... http://www.ludwig-drums.com/marching_drums.php

LDG_DRM_freefloater_L.jpg

no they aren't. they make drums, but they aren't in the game

• Like 1

The snare seems to have a wetter sound than your average Kevlar head. I like that.