Mandarins 2016

I think The Mandarins consistently have one of the most entertaining shows outside of the top 12.

Looking forward to seeing them in Indy.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if they are full this year? I hope so! It was great seeing them large!

Does anyone know if they are full this year? I hope so! It was great seeing them large!

They posted on their website a couple of weeks ago that they have 150 members.

"The Sacramento Mandarins will field a corps of 150 performing artists again this year."

Edited by smj02
  • Like 4

I think The Mandarins consistently have one of the most entertaining shows outside of the top 12.

Yes... ' think so too.

• Like 2

It's a couple weeks old now, but here's a nice little story on the Mandarins from one of their local TV stations.

I'm looking forward to seeing Mandarins this year. I too find their shows entertaining and creative. They'll be coming as far east as Boston this year, always a plus for me. However, there is another reason why they have my respect that has little to do with what they accomplish on the field. Last year at DCI East, the FREE Players, a special needs corps who performed in exhibition needed some help. Mandarins were asked to provide ten or so volunteers. The entire corps went to assist. This act of generosity meant a great deal to FREE Players and as someone who has a brother who was born with cerebral palsy, seeing this meant a great deal to me. So for lots of reasons I'm looking forward to Mandarins in 2016.

• Like 5

If you're not sleeping right now and want to see what this corps is up to on their Preview Day, the Mandarins are live on Periscope right now. @DCIMandarins

Their full run will probably start in about 10 minutes from now. Hopefully they won't cut the broadcast off before then.