BEST FOOD IN INDY

Hi everyone and Happy Easter. Whats the best food then in Indy to all you regular Finals visitors. I have heard St Elmos steak is good with the shrimp cocktail starter. Do any of you have some more good ones for breakfast and dinner. Thanks Paul

The bread pudding at RAM is pretty amazing (and enough for two people to eat)!!!

• Like 1

Here's some secret advice. Don't tell anyone. ; )

When you are at Lucas Oil during Finals week/weekend, you'll care what you eat, but you'll care even more that's it's quick...so you can get back to watch your shows.

Tavern on South...is to the left of the stadium (if you are looking north)...it's at 10 o'clock...northwest part of stadium...walking distance...2 blocks...you run over there...you have some good healthy food...it's grill-type food...steak, salmon, burgers, but they serve veggies!!! Unlike Lucas Oil. You won't feel like a full oil can of junk food after you eat.

You run back to the stadium two blocks away...you catch your favorite corps...My friend and I ate there 3 nights in a row and didn't get sick of it. Otherwise, you have to get a cab or Uber go downtown, find some place that's just ok...yatta yatta.

Edited by chris7997
  • Like 2

honestly a lot of chain type restaurants

the only thing I've found "special" is one breakfast place

http://www.cafepatachou.com/cafemenu.pdf

very much worth a try & a repeat visit or two

• Like 1

I second the recommendation for Tavern on South. We've gone there every year since 2010 and have never been disappointed.

Cafe Patachou -breakfast/brunch

Milktooth - breakfast/brunch

Harry and Izzy's - worth a try

There are some other hipster places like Milktooth that we haven't gotten to yet. Great walkable city if you don't mind a trek.

Cafe Patachou served the best #### peanut butter I've ever had, B. Happy. I've bought it online many times since.

Shapiro's Deli - pastrami on rye, huge slices of pie

Slippery Noodle - tenderloin sandwiches

Chase Tower Cafeteria - excellent soups on the second floor

Weber Grill - satisfying steaks

Square Donuts - the name says it all

Shapiro's Deli - pastrami on rye, huge slices of pie

Slippery Noodle - tenderloin sandwiches

Chase Tower Cafeteria - excellent soups on the second floor

Weber Grill - satisfying steaks

Square Donuts - the name says it all

I'll second, third, and fourth Shapiro's. The day we arrive in Indy (around noon) we always hit Shapiro's first for lunch.