DCI Minnesota--Change of Plans

They would first need to know what a cost-benefit analysis actually is; which is highly unlikely. One has a better chance of nailing water to a tree trunk than understanding the reasoning of their decision.

The reasoning with Minnesota is likely quite simple:

1) the coach wanted his camp that particular weekend the DCI show as on

2) DCI naively (stupidly?) didn't have a contract

3) Minnesota dropped DCI in order to placate their football coach

University Athletic Depart > outside event every day of the week

• Like 2

The reasoning with Minnesota is likely quite simple:

1) the coach wanted his camp that particular weekend the DCI show as on

2) DCI naively (stupidly?) didn't have a contract

3) Minnesota dropped DCI in order to placate their football coach

University Athletic Depart > outside event every day of the week

Very likely, but it might have been different if this didn't involve a new coach, an interim AD, and an athletic department that's in shambles (as evidenced by the BS-artist former AD resigning in disgrace, an uphill battle for fundraising a massive athletic facility, donors vocally pulling their support for aforementioned project, constant scandals among the athletes ... not to mention underachieving revenue sports ... and these combined aren't even the tip of the iceberg of how inept this athletic department is).

I'm not saying DCI is blameless -- Dan A. even acknowledged it in the article -- but this isn't the action of a university athletic department that has its #### together.

• Like 3

Very likely, but it might have been different if this didn't involve a new coach, an interim AD, and an athletic department that's in shambles (as evidenced by the BS-artist former AD resigning in disgrace, an uphill battle for fundraising a massive athletic facility, donors vocally pulling their support for aforementioned project, constant scandals among the athletes ... not to mention underachieving revenue sports ... and these combined aren't even the tip of the iceberg of how inept this athletic department is).

I'm not saying DCI is blameless -- Dan A. even acknowledged it in the article -- but this isn't the action of a university athletic department that has its #### together.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well. I mean, letting that big of a source of income slide away is pretty dang stupid in my book.

Big income will trump PR for athletics every time

That would've been Norwood Teague, the previous AD.

Current interim AD (Beth Goetz) is getting stretched thin trying to deal with the fires set by the previous idiot. A more accurate image would be this.

next year they need a contract in July