DESIGNER'S TOOLBOX - SETUPS

you mean... do what diddy, diddy dum, diddy do

Sometimes I research before I post; sometimes I research after I post as tonight. With google, all 3 of my 4 word statements pointed to a song by Justin Bieber 2015. With google, the phrase do what diddy, diddy dum, diddy do pointed to a song by Manfred Mann 1960's. We need to bridge the generation gap and be inclusive when promoting drum corps today. We all can learn from past and present drum corps. No more old school/new school crap please. It's a team/ensemble activity.

A wise drill instructor once told me "we're as strong as our weakest member". As a guard instructor, I took that phrase and made sure the guard took care of their own before they helped the corps. We worked hard, were proud and every time we were bored, we'd be creative and try something new. Sometimes the ideas didn't work out but many times they did. It was fun to explore the floor as long as the music was good.

With google, the phrase do what diddy, diddy dum, diddy do pointed to a song by Manfred Mann 1960's.

I could have sworn it was a reference to Scatman John.

It is also true that a chain is as strong as its weakest link. This happens to be a motto at my high school!

S, the phrase do what diddy, diddy dum, diddy do pointed to a song by Manfred Mann 1960's. We need to bridge the generation gap and be inclusive when promoting drum corps today. We all can learn from past and present drum corps. No more old school/new school crap please.

I would tend to agree with this assessment. So for you DCI Corps Music Arrangers out there.... please.... do not have your corps play " do what diddy diddy dum diddy do ". Just do what you do, and don't do do what diddy diddy dum diddy do.

Edited by BRASSO

So for you DCI Corps Music Arrangers out there.... please.... do not have your corps play " do what diddy diddy dum diddy do ". Just do what you do, and don't do do what diddy diddy dum diddy do.

So for all you DCI Corps Music Arrangers out there.... please... follow the advice above and just do what you do (except of course Do Wa Diddy and other music from the 1960's, 1970's, 1980's. 1990's, early 2000's, or come to think of it anything prior to 1960 or after 2010, but music from April 2013 is acceptable but only if it passes the test of all of us who post on DCP, in particular the smell test of Channel3).

Edited by Stu

So for all you DCI Corps Music Arrangers out there.... please... follow the advice above and just do what you do (except of course Do Wa Diddy and other music from the 1960's, 1970's, 1980's. 1990's, early 2000's, or come to think of it anything prior to 1960 or after 2010, but music from April 2013 is acceptable but only if it passes the test of all of us who post on DCP, in particular the smell test of Channel3).

Actually, I do not really care for the music of April 1st-18th 2013, but from the 19th-30th...WOW! :augen51:

I need to get a job putting together the show writeups for some corps.

Overwriting tortured, nonsensical, bizarre prose is one of my specialties. :tongue:

It's good to have a talent.

It's good to have a talent.

It depends what the Talent is made of whether it is good or not. A Talent = about 75 U.S. Pounds; thus a Talent of Gold would be worth around $850,000 and a Talent of advice from Channel3 would be worth about as much as what Eleran calls crap.