DESIGNER'S TOOLBOX - SETUPS

Hear, hear. I'm not sure what the process is now, but DCI ought to let the designers know in advance what they're going to be asked about, so that they can prep the most informative answer possible. (And not ask off-the-cuff questions like "What does BAC stand for?" that have to be answered in a way that leaves half the audience confused about why the interviewers are laughing.)

It perhaps should be noted that Channel3 slipped up a little here: it's Quarterfinals not Semifinals.

The show coordinators are invariably asked a lead-in curveball question, to which they should briefly respond, and then just continue with the prepared full show description. That's what they're there for. It's the same every time. "And music seems to be the focus here, right Schmo?" To that, the show coordinator could respond. "Yes, we started with the music and it carried us away." And then go into the prepared spiel. "This year's show is entitled No Particular Meaning so we're Happy with Third Place and blah blah blah. It's easy. Practice it.

Q: "You've got a lot of props this year?"

A: Yeah-- we sure hope the props help convey the theme. This year's show is entitled..."

Q: "You've had a rough start with some illness this year?"

Q: "We did, and we think we're back on track for a great show. This year's show is entitled..."

Q: " I understand you have sex three times a day?"

A: That's the rumor. But I'm also excited about this year's show entitled.."

Practice it. News anchors are used to the curveballs, and are forced to transition to the news story-- it becomes a joke off camera. It takes confidence and a little bit of improv to turn it around, but the response is always the canned show description, at very least with a "That's right" before it.

PS: I know everything. Bow down and worship me.

Edited by Channel3

PS: I know everything. Bow down and worship me.

I have some laundry to do first.

Practice it. News anchors are used to the curveballs, and are forced to transition to the news story-- it becomes a joke off camera. It takes confidence and a little bit of improv to turn it around, but the response is always the canned show description, at very least with a "That's right" before it.

"That's right"

Everybody should be prepared for curveballs. And when one of served up, swing at that MFer like Stevie Wonder with a Light Saber.

Drink

• Like 1

"That's right"

Everybody should be prepared for curveballs. And when one of served up, swing at that MFer like Stevie Wonder with a Light Saber.

Drink

I don't mean this in a mean way, but are you feeling okay? We're talking about the televised show coordinator interviews and the lead-in questions that they answer before they start their show description.

I don't mean this in a mean way, but are you feeling okay? We're talking about the televised show coordinator interviews and the lead-in questions that they answer before they start their show description.

I don't care if he's feeling okay... that was amusing to read and provided a vivid mental picture that I will never be able to "un-see"... This year's show is entitled...

• Like 1

This is your best work so far. The big picture is just around the corner for you.

If you are suggesting that certain details may be irrelevant to your larger argument, well, you may be right. However, sometimes such inaccuracies can be damaging to one's credibility - particularly when consistently failing to acknowledge and/or apologize for the error. People tend to be pretty forgiving when meet with sincerity rather than condescension. When presenting oneself as "expert" in design theory - or anything else - establishing credibility is paramount to being taken seriously in the first place.

The abrasive sarcasm doesn't really help your credibility, either.

Edited by Yossarian Sam
  • Like 1

I'm fine and I get it... we all get it.

You want to troll playing the pseudo intellectual marching arts snob and I will be the curmudgeon who, along with the others playing the drinking game, will continue to watch in amusement and enjoy the drinks of our choice.

Anywho... thanks for your "concern".

• Like 1