The End Is Nigh

Tasty.

"Wagner has beautiful moments but awful quarters of an hour" - Rossini

"A composer for one right hand." - Wagner on Chopin

"What a giftless bastaard" - Tchaikovsky on Brahms

"Bach on the wrong notes" - Prokofiev on Stravinsky

LOL

Funny stuff

I believe its been pretty well established by now that the perennial Elites Corps at the top of the DCI heap can play anything, ie " Jingle Bells " ... " Happy Days Are Here Again "... " Dionne Warwick pop tunes from the 60's,.... " I Got Rhymn ( from Girl Crazy )... and Justin Bieber pop tunes..... etc..... ANYTHING, and place well. So long as these Elites have a killer guard, visual design, and the superb influx of MM talent each and every year, they can make it work for themselves.

The stronger the show's thematic through line, the more room there is for wild, experimental choices. For example, when the design team added the KPop Got7 tune to the rock solid storybook through line of the "Children Will Listen" theme in Ink, no judge batted an eye.

Edited by Channel3
  • Like 1

The stronger the show's thematic through line, the more room there is for wild, experimental choices. For example, when the design team added the KPop Got7 tune to the rock solid storybook through line of the "Children Will Listen" theme in Ink, no judge batted an eye.

Uhhhh... it is not the judges job on any sheet to evaluate, nor state any opinion on whatsoever, the source material. So of course none of them should ever 'bat an eye'.

Why are they playing Beiber? Because they can.

Very similar idea to the K-Pop of last year.

Uhhhh... it is not the judges job on any sheet to evaluate, nor state any opinion on whatsoever, the source material. So of course none of them should ever 'bat an eye'.

Depth of concept. Selection of music. Selection of theme. Are you looking at the 1975 scoresheet?

Depth of concept. Selection of music. Selection of theme. Are you looking at the 1975 scoresheet?

It would be nice if you actually read what I typed in context prior to more insults. What I typed was that nowhere on the sheets, meaning the modern sheets, does it state that the judge is supposed to have an 'opinion' one way or the other concerning the actual 'source material'. Please show me on the modern sheets, not the 1975 sheets, but the modern sheets where the judge is supposed to evaluate that this 'source material' (ie Mishima by Philip Glass) is excellent and that 'source material' (ie Where Are U Now by Justin Bieber) is, as Eleran called it, crap? Not the arranging, nor depth of concept, nor selection of music, nor selection of theme, but the quality of the actual 'source material' itself.

Com'on, you have to admit it... Socrates, Plato didn't have dance moves like this.

Not sure that there is any video verification of Socrates' exact bodily movements while the hemlock was taking effect.....

• Like 1