Feelin' Fresno!

And there's the appology for this thread too. Lol. Maybe you should just make a thread for apologies you want to give out? Seems to be a recurring topic...

I apologized to ONE person on this thread for getting a little heated. I'm not going to argue this topic any more. But, surely you have had heated arguments and disagreements with people. It's comes with being passionate about something.

Edited by henry7184

Let's all agree to disagree on this - and acknowedlge that in a week this argument will be moot.

Agreed???

Sure thing. Fantastic show for those people in Frenso.... I really loved what I saw of SCV, Madison and BD. Need to see the others. BK's drill seems more demanding this year than last, from what I've seen on periscope, which is a good thing.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet, but when was the last time that BD scored below a 70 the first show of the season? How long has it been?

And as for the judging panel, it was NOT the same panel, or almost the same. 3 of the 8 judges were the same, for a total of 30/100 points of the score. Just because the top name is the same on fromthepressbox doesn't mean the whole panel is the same, people.

Edit: Oh, and only one of those three judges was judging the same caption.

Edited by va9590jm
  • Like 1

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet, but when was the last time that BD scored below a 70 the first show of the season? How long has it been?

And as for the judging panel, it was NOT the same panel, or almost the same. 3 of the 8 judges were the same, for a total of 30/100 points of the score. Just because the top name is the same on fromthepressbox doesn't mean the whole panel is the same, people.

That's why I doubted fromthepressbox, it had the same panel with each in the same caption. I figured that was probably wrong.

And I'm on it! Love me some numbers analysis.

I don't know, but I don't think it means anything. I'm sure if finals were tonight, BD would have had a great chance of winning. It just depends on the marks that came before them. I would say it bodes well for Madison to be so close to SCV. It's been since 2005, I think, that Madison has been that close to SCV. Shaping up to be a good season, and I hope there are some shake ups.

Your answer is 1993. Don't think it means much, but it's interesting.

• Like 1

And not fair to the other corps who work their butts off to put a complete show on the field in time.

So you're saying that BK doesn't work their butts off like everybody else? They don't want to put 11 minutes of crap on the field only to have to make tons on changes around regional time, which PLENTY of groups do. Be patient, the end result will be great.

"There's a big difference between making changes to a show over the season then coming out unprepared. NO, we made changes to our shows over the course of the season, but by Memorial Day we had our whole show on the field - EVER YEAR. I realize shows are more complex these days, for sure, but when you have a month of spring training (every day for a freaking month) there's no excuse."

My last season of marching we didn't have our closer drill finished until early July(and we had at least four or five weeks of pre tour). We got about a third of the way through the closer (where we formed a block in the drill), and stood there and played the rest of the piece standstill. We lost most of those shows to corps that we would eventually beat in finals (where we got fourth), so I guess you could say we were penalized, just not formally.

Were you at the show tonight? Did you pay to see these kids perform? I doubt anyone that was actually there cared that BK didn't have a full 11 minutes on the field.

Edited by tommynev

So you're saying that BK doesn't work their butts off like everybody else? They don't want to put 11 minutes of crap on the field only to have to make tons on changes around regional time, which PLENTY of groups do. Be patient, the end result will be great.

No, I never said that. I very much doubt they'd put 11 minutes of crap on the field. They are a great corps. We'll just agree to disagree. I know in a few weeks I will love their show. I just wish I could hear it all Sunday night. That's all.