Stanford Showdown - DCI West

It's gonna be a dogfight to Indy. Wow...BDA, SCV, Madison were excellent tonight. Top 5 (in no particular order) could be Bluecoats, BD, SCV, Crown and Cadets and it could be close. I love it.

Let the games begin!

• Like 1

A few more thoughts, past the top two:

Academy: Love it. Second year in a row that they are doing really smart design. The church pews/chairs/tombstones are very clever and really well-utilized. Another charming show from them that will knock on the door.

Madison: Good to seek them fully back to old-school Madison style. That said, it really is old-school. No surprises in this one.

Blue Knights: That's deep, man. I have no idea what it is supposed to be, but it was certainly interesting. All three minutes of it. I hope they finish it soon. Sparkly tight leg vs. fat white leg performs about as expected. As in most of the time you see them stumping around on one leg. But I did like the sparkly sparkles! Looked like alien cloth from the future or something.

• Like 2

So is the Blue Devils design staff incapable or unwilling to do anything subtile and finessed? Seems like we get beast mode only from them these days.

What?

I'm also liking their drill a lot more. But I will say I'm getting a bit tired of that 4 note phrase that they used last year in their opener, and this year a ton.

That 4 note phrase is the theme of Cape Fear. Also happens to be very similar to the 4 note phrase they used in their David Glyde original piece in the opener last year.

Not quite feeling Blue Knights yet. Madison's show isn't my cup of tea either, though stylistically I haven't really been a fan of them in general. Nothing against them of course! Glad to see they're very competitive this year.

SCV may have my favorite show of the season followed closely by BD, Bluecoats, and Phantom.

• Like 1

That 4 note phrase is the theme of Cape Fear. Also happens to be very similar to the 4 note phrase they used in their David Glyde original piece in the opener last year.

Ah, okay. That's an unfortunate coincidence then haha! That actually makes much more sense though. For me its just jarring right now since I keep getting pulled out of their show into last years I suppose. I figure as the season progresses, that will happen less.

• Like 1

Ah, okay. That's an unfortunate coincidence then haha! That actually makes much more sense though. For me its just jarring right now since I keep getting pulled out of their show into last years I suppose. I figure as the season progresses, that will happen less.

Trust me, if you look at BD's thread when their show was first leaked, I was just as skeptical. It took me quite a few listens but now I'm all aboard and absolutely love this show already

• Like 1