Stanford Showdown - DCI West

SCV: Strongest program they have had in years. Very creative in a simply elegant sort of way. I would place them firmly over Cadets at this point.

BD: STUNNING. And it is so early, and there is obviously so much more to add to it. I would guess the guard is saving the Shakespeare-face overlays until mid-season or so. This program seems to combine the dazzling effects and power of Fellini, with the emotion of Ink. It may turn out to be the best of the three.

As fresh and cool as the Bluecoats show is...this is...just....oh my!

• Like 5

Totally unfinished, some visual dirt I wasn't expecting ensemble wise, and I still do not like their drill (notice I didn't say it isn't hard, because wow they are hauling it) but wow they are good.

Not seeing much of the Tempest right now, but I am 100% certain that will change.

Definitely nowhere near a finished product, which is not shocking this early in the season. Ballad is great and will only get better once they finish the props.

The open of the show is a little formulaic at this point, but seemingly every corps doing the same types of things.

Bieber section doesn't work at all imo. K-pop was twice as good, and it wasn't good.

Closer is good musically, except the garbled drum stuff before the last hit. Not sure whats going on there. Visually it needs work, but that's to be expected.

• Like 2

Definitely nowhere near a finished product, which is not shocking this early in the season. Ballad is great and will only get better once they finish the props.

The open of the show is a little formulaic at this point, but seemingly every corps doing the same types of things.

Bieber section doesn't work at all imo. K-pop was twice as good, and it wasn't good.

Closer is good musically, except the garbled drum stuff before the last hit. Not sure whats going on there. Visually it needs work, but that's to be expected.

I think it's so funny that people are all worried because of the scores. How anyone could not "assume" BD is out front right now is beyond me. In this day and age, they are just too good (across the board) to not be in the running, much less in the lead.

• Like 1

I think it's so funny that people are all worried because of the scores. How anyone could not "assume" BD is out front right now is beyond me. In this day and age, they are just too good (across the board) to not be in the running, much less in the lead.

Wishful thinking by some.

This is the most melodic, harmony filled music arrangements and playing from the Blue Devils in years, imo. I love their show this year.

SCV have a visual masterpiece on their hands this season, imo. The visual forms are plentiful, appealing.

I liked Madison's 99 version of Jesus Christ Superstar better musically, but this year's version is much better visually, imo.

Blue Knights.... really disappointed in their show offering from them so far. Good talent in their rankls this year, but the show does nothing for me this year. Its as flat as a pancake. I loved them the last 2 years however. Maybe they add stuff to this show the next few weeks to salvage it. Its possible, as its still early.

• Like 2

I'm definitely not worried or counting them out in the slightest, just sharing my thoughts. I know 100% of what I said will change.

Watched the entire feed without a hiccup except one. I spent the evening on high cam except for BDC. Hugs kids. I went back to high cam with full screen after intermission. When BD came on both high cam and multi cam were multi cam? What gives. Stay consistent please! Otherwise, I enjoyed the evening's adventures. Have a great summer!