Cincerely Cinematic in Cincinnati , Hamilton OH 6/27/2016

So it's drum and BUGLE corps - no bugles and no brass judging. Ok, makes perfect sense to me!

Crown would benefit out of being judged brass versus brass, guard versus guard. We'll see if this show see any real changes between Crown and Bloo from Massillon. My guess is, no. But, we'll see.

Although Crown has been winning in the visual captions, but being killed in GE.

So it's drum and BUGLE corps - no bugles and no brass judging. Ok, makes perfect sense to me!

Crown would benefit out of being judged brass versus brass, guard versus guard. We'll see if this show see any real changes between Crown and Bloo from Massillon. My guess is, no. But, we'll see.

The other night was a percussion judge which favor bluecoats alot. So what does it make these scores mean? Absolutely nothing :tongue:
  • Like 1

The other night was a percussion judge which favor bluecoats alot. So what does it make these scores mean? Absolutely nothing :tongue:

They are good for the subcaption staffs of the corps to get some feedback, but as to who is actually better on a given night ... not much. There is an illusion of placements, nothing more.

It would be shocking if bloo weren't taking GE right now. It's a top-notch design, and the performances by the gifted members of the corps are already making it all click together. Incredible energy already. If they can keep adding on and maintain that energy (and I'm sure they will), they're going to be tough to beat.

I forget the year...maybe it was Metropolis, where Bloo came out of the gate firing on all cylinders like this, and came in first quite a bit early in the season. Maybe i's Criminal I'm thinking about? I don't remember.

I'm confused by the early season judging panels. How do they judge brass, percussion, guard?

Not entirely sure, but I believe in the early season half panel shows, they judge these Corps sections with a tintometer and a ground speed radar device.

Edited by BRASSO

I hate partial panels. It is impossible to get a comprehensive read on the shows. But, the powers that be decreed it be so. And those powers that be, be the corps themselves.

I wonder who does decide whether it's a partial panel or not. West coast shows maintain full panels

I wonder who does decide whether it's a partial panel or not. West coast shows maintain full panels

It's been said that the West Coast shows opt to pay for the extra judges.

Hamilton, OH: An American Drum Corps Show

(insert rap lyrics here)

And you can actually still get tickets for this show!

Heh. To tie this to another corps' show: I got an email from a certain presidential candidate yesterday offering the opportunity to see Hamilton, in exchange for a particularly generous campaign donation, I suspect.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

It's been said that the West Coast shows opt to pay for the extra judges.

So who exactly is paying for these extra judges though? Is it whoever owns the venue?

• Like 2

I hope Cincinnati Tradition gets off to a strong start. It would be nice to see them move up the DCA Class A ranks.

• Like 2