East Coast Classic Chestnut Hill BC.

A request: buy some extra merch tonight. Losing last nights show income puts a real pinch in the budget for these corps.

• Like 3

Anyone know why it's starting so early? It looks like only Bluecoats and Cadets will be after sunset, when shows have more impact.

Also, is it confirmed that BAC isn't on last?

Cadets and Bluecoats while technically on after sunset, will hardly be performing in darkness. Darkness will not fall until 9:00 or after, just after the last performance by the Bluecoats. I also saw somewhere that BAC was scheduled last, but both the DCI website and fromthepressbox confirm the schedule above.

They lost merch income, definitely. But I don't believe corps lose show income due to rain outs, show sponsors lose income.

As do the people who bought tickets to the event and didn't get to see a show. Or at least a full show

• Like 1

Cadets and Bluecoats while technically on after sunset, will hardly be performing in darkness. Darkness will not fall until 9:00 or after, just after the last performance by the Bluecoats. I also saw somewhere that BAC was scheduled last, but both the DCI website and fromthepressbox confirm the schedule above.

BAC's schedule for the day was just posted on their Facebook page. Their step off time is at 7:58pm (same as what's posted on dci.org)

They lost merch income, definitely. But I don't believe corps lose show income due to rain outs, show sponsors lose income.

Cadets were the sponsors

Just a guess on my part..... It could be a concession/compromise made with the neighbors in order to get permission from Boston College to have the event.

My guess is that the early start time is due to the BC Police schedule. If everyone attending the show can park on the main campus, BC does not have to do anything in regard to the neighbors, though that does not mean there will be some complaints, but it's usually the football games that cause commotion, and if you are to believe the folks at BC, the neighbors who complain the loudest are the absentee landlords who don't live in the area who rent to BC students. If the event starts at 5, only one shift will be impacted and there will be no need for overtime. I also have no idea what BAC is paying for use of this venue, but BC is very reasonable with non-profit groups. It also loves to please alums. My guess is that there are quite a few Crusader alums who attended BC, especially when it was primarily a commuter school. BC is probably giving BAC a good deal, so they probably want to eliminate overtime costs.

I'm loving the early start! It'll allow me to get home before 1 AM, minimizing the impact on my workday tomorrow ;-) .

Edited by grenadasmoothie

Early start is :cool: with us in the U.K.

• Like 3