Downloads starting to become available through DCI again!

I understand why they cost so much, you made it very clear.

Then why ##### about it?

It's still 15 dollars for one video. I understand why it cost the price it costs. But it's too much money for me, I wish I could afford to buy all the videos. I'm sorry that I'm upset about it.

**But it's not for one video!** It's for two. You get multi and high cam. Divide by two and it's $7.50 per video. Old price was, what, 6.99 for when they moved to HD options? So the copyright VAT isn't that much added this year.

(That said, DCI has *never* offered a video bundle, and that has always been and still is a stupid decision.)

Mike

**But it's not for one video!** It's for two. You get multi and high cam. Divide by two and it's $7.50 per video. Old price was, what, 6.99 for when they moved to HD options? So the copyright VAT isn't that much added this year.

(That said, DCI has *never* offered a video bundle, and that has always been and still is a stupid decision.)

Mike

They may not be able to effectively do so, if there's not much profit margin built into the singular price.

Well, I can guarantee you they would sell a hell of a lot more videos if they were at a lower price.

When you lower the price so much you're actually loosing money, you actually lose more for every additional video you sell.

Is basic economics really this hard?

When you lower the price so much you're actually loosing money, you actually lose more for every additional video you sell.

Is basic economics really this hard?

I have already admitted to being wrong. You don't have to pile on.

I have already admitted to being wrong. You don't have to pile on.

He probably wasn't piling on. He was responding to something you wrote six hours ago, and like most people, probably didn't read the entire thread first to see your later post. It happens.

I do understand your position. It seems irrational for the licensing agencies to charge so much. It's them, not DCI, who is ultimately responsible for the cost being out of reach of so many consumers.

I wonder how much DCI is paying them. Suppose DCI is keeping 10% as profit, that brings their total costs down to $13.50. What percentage of the that goes to licensing, and what to DCI's other expenses related to the videos?

• Like 1

He probably wasn't piling on. He was responding to something you wrote six hours ago, and like most people, probably didn't read the entire thread first to see your later post. It happens.

I do understand your position. It seems irrational for the licensing agencies to charge so much. It's them, not DCI, who is ultimately responsible for the cost being out of reach of so many consumers.

I wonder how much DCI is paying them. Suppose DCI is keeping 10% as profit, that brings their total costs down to $13.50. What percentage of the that goes to licensing, and what to DCI's other expenses related to the videos?

I certainly hope DCI's margin is a lot larger than 10%....it should be in the 40-50% range.