Any lock for Top 3?

Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Stage Coaches.

But I reserve the right to change this once per week until Sat. August 13th.

• Like 1

BD is of course a lock now every year to take one of the medals spots. This then leaves one of the great Corps this season of Crown, Cadets, Bluecoats, out of the medals, as 4 into 3 won't go, no matter the New Math they use today.

• Like 1

BD is of course a lock now every year to take one of the medals spots. This then leaves one of the great Corps this season of Crown, Cadets, Bluecoats, out of the medals, as 4 into 3 won't go, no matter the New Math they use today.

a tie!

BD and Crown are the only two "locks" for the Top 3 at this point unless something terribly wrong happens. Still not sure who will take the last spot.

BD and Crown are the only two "locks" for the Top 3 at this point unless something terribly wrong happens. Still not sure who will take the last spot.

I actually think Bluecoats and BD are medal locks, and SCV is the corps I see as the one who can sneak in ahead of Crown. We keep saying that the top 4-6 may be the best ever, but this year it may well be true. It's a shame there can be only three medalists.

• Like 2

It really is hard to pinpoint that other top spot! I almost wish there was another corps that was undefeated this season that has yet to show any slow down........hmm........

I'm sure Cadets and Bluecoats both will tell you after 2014 and 2015 it's not how you start............

I love the show too, but I'm gonna wait until at least Atlanta until I make this kind of prediction. Cadets were pretty scary last year through Atlanta, and IMO if BD had come out east again this year, no one would be undefeated right now.

Two things.

1. BD is an unknown part of the Bluecoats equation to this point... but that accounts for only one spot in a discussion about three spots.

2. Your points about the past (all correct) are not evidence of the present. The idea that corps can and do come from behind is certainly true... but it's way better to not have to, and corps have done so as much.

If the question is answered with evidence, then putting the Bluecoats down the field after the proof in the pudding over the past few weeks is nonsense.

That's my point. There is no reason or indication to believe that they are slipping or being caught right now. And if you are to take history into account, the Bluecoats organization tends to grow more than most in placement through the course of the season... if that's still true, what might that say about where they are now?

There is more evidence to chew on than the archives of placement here.

It really is hard to pinpoint that other top spot! I almost wish there was another corps that was undefeated this season that has yet to show any slow down........hmm........

Yep. I'm scratching my head at some of the "logic" on here.
  • Like 1

. It's a shame there can be only three medalists.

..... its a shame also that 1 of these 3 medals is considered WAY better to put around your neck than the other 2 medals are.

Yep. I'm scratching my head at some of the "logic" on here.

The logic is they don't like Bluecoats beating their honk corps of choice. Sugar coat it with "well if their show was better I would be OK with it" as much as you want. These are the facts.

• Like 1