Mantology in Mankato - 6 July 2016, Mankato, MN

Let's face it. The combination of limited judges with variable weighting of what caption is important with the new "secret" caption scores is bound to lead to more variation from one night to the next.

The scores in Rhode Island seemed high. These seemed low. It's all part of the game now.

• Like 1

Looks like GE was the down fall.

Clarity will be reached once all the corps come together. Until then, all these separate scores are meaningless. I'm sure Crown is still in an excellent position

Wow...not what I was expecting...

I do my best on here.

Before the season started, I did tell everyone on here that this DCI season would be noted for its ( quote ) " unprecedented volatility in the season's scores ". I gave the reasons why too, then told everyone to ( quote ) " fasten your seatbelts " as fans are in for a roller coaster ride. The fact that some posters state with increasing frequency that the scores in any given show " was not what they were expecting " means it appears I still have more convincing to do, apparently.

I'm not Crown fan, but their score seems like BS unless they had a terrible run through tonight. My guess is that is not the case. Just more evidence that DCI still has tremendous inconsistencies in their judging. Either it's a training issue or lack of balance between veteran and rookie judges at a single event.

Let's be honest here. Do we think that Crown is over 3 points worse than Cadets were last night? .

If people here are comparing scores from different nites, different shows, and they are frustrated with the scores they see, then I really don't have a scintilla of sympathy for them. Seriously.They are apparently chronically heedless, and as a result of this, they have richly deserved their personal frustrations with this " compare the scores from around the country " sheetshow exercise they foolishly engage in each season ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I'm not Crown fan, but their score seems like BS unless they had a terrible run through tonight. My guess is that is not the case. Just more evidence that DCI still has tremendous inconsistencies in their judging. Either it's a training issue or lack of balance between veteran and rookie judges at a single event.

apparently the GEM guy was more than three and half points "off" cc's last GEM score. score was lower than opening night!!

and no -- they didnt have any sort of disaster during the run.

Edited by corpsband