Mantology in Mankato - 6 July 2016, Mankato, MN

I'll say this: the crowd seemed way more massive than prior years. Also: experiencing Crown at Blakeslee Stadium (on the side one 40) was a top 5 spectator moment for me. I can't understate how intimate it is as a venue.

I would love to see more corps at this show. Beautiful natural field. Tons of warmup spots. Decent campus. Unique stadium. I hope they expand the stadium capacity someday.

It was a real thrill to see Santa Clara's ORIGINAL Fiddler on the Roof show at Blakeslee early in 1992, before many of the fun elements were removed.

• Like 1

Hahaha...soooo true. And they think they are the best at numbers management. Whatever...lol. You gotta have people who understand show design judging GE. Keep drummers judging drums and all will be right with the world...lol.

Spoken like a Crown fan, :poke:.

• Like 2

drummers should NEVER be GE judges...they're the worst...lol.

But Guard people that perhaps can't even read music, nor perhaps not even play a musical instrument at all, (such as a Drum), should be able to judge a GE caption if they are really good at Guard ?

• Like 1

No....why...do you think they should?

I did not say that GE judges should be Guard people that can't read music, nor play a musical instrument.

My central point of my response above is that a person that plays a Drum well is no less qualified to judge a GE caption than a well qualified Guard person that tosses a flag or a rifle well. At least the Percussionist plays a musical instrument, you know what I'm saying ?

Moving along to the Guard caption,... some Guard judges have never tossed a flag or a rifle in competition, for heavens sake ( lol!)

Edited by BRASSO