Drum Corps shows that could have won

SCV 1988, Bluecoats 2015, BD 2008 (it deserved the win over Phantom that year), PR 2006

Re: BD 2008...nope, it didn't.

Re: BD 2008...nope, it didn't.

I am with Cappy on this one. BD clearly out performed PR on finals night. And what i find interesting, is that the farther we get away from 2008, the more some people are starting to come around and say BD had the better finals performance. Now of course if me and Cappy would have said this on finals night that year, we would have been hunted down and tortured. But nonetheless BD had the better run. PR might have been the darlings that year, but BD was better. Now 2006, as much as i the loved the Godfather show, PR had the better finals run and deserved to pass BD that night. And this is coming from a BD honk.

Edited by Chief Guns

I am with Cappy on this one. BD clearly out performed PR on finals night. And what i find interesting, is that the farther we get away from 2008, the more some people are starting to come around and say BD had the better finals performance. Now of course if me and Cappy would have said this on finals night that year, we would have been hunted down and tortured. But nonetheless BD has the better run. PR might have been the darlings that year, but BD was better. Now 2006, as much as the loved the Godfather show, PR had the better finals run and deserved to pass BD that night. And this is coming from a BD honk.

The only thing I can't get past is the percussion just seemed incredibly loose in finals, especially compared to Phantom. I know based on other videos from other performances their drums had a bad run on finals night. I go back and forth between what I feel like should have won that night, but it's water under the bridge now. I love both shows.

• Like 1

I have an 08 studio recording of BD I listen to ALL the time. There are a billion things I never heard in live performance videos. It's amazing.

That's awesome! Where can i get it if possible?

Honestly the only 2nd place show that I've ever felt deserved to win over the one that actually did was 2003 Cavaliers.

i thought that if SCV had another couple of weeks to clean in 98, they could've gotten a little closer to cbc at least

Good lord that SCV drum line in 98!!!!!! SCV caught fire at the end of the year. You might be on to something. I think the top 3 that year was underrated. All great performances.

I am with Cappy on this one. BD clearly out performed PR on finals night.

Uh.....no