Drenched in DeKalb

4) Crown is the second coming of jesus.

Hey, You stole drumcorpsfever's line.

The Coats actually ran with phones.

You know that's gonna be part of next season's design now...

Where are we in the show, got a late start. Watched BKs run, much better than last night.... Whose on?

I agree with you about their ending, it could definitely use a lot of refining. However, I don't think it's a fair assessment to say the Cadets need to be playing more. Theyre playing really difficult music for the entire show. Maybe I'm not understanding your point though, feel free to clarify.

Well, watching the show on periscope from the 25 is probably not the best position to judge music.

Overall, Cadets' show design is amazingly detailed and non stop, and I think that's what I am struggling with. The last third of the show seems like, lets see how many things we can stick in...while we're playing. Maybe it's just a style preference. BD, BC and Crown each find ways to stage their brass throughout the show to give you that overwhelming wall of sound. I sort of left the Cadets show thinking, did I miss it?

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

Where are we in the show, got a late start. Watched BKs run, much better than last night.... Whose on?

Phantom should be on now.

What I found amazing was HOW loud they really are. There are some loud corps out there and at the last show we were at, it was noticeable to my friends and I that Crown was a step above everyone on volume.

It's unmistakeable. I don't think that the volume of sound per se is more than say Blue Devils, but the type of sound is just so much more resonant it sounds "louder." To describe Crown's sound it's almost like we need a new word that doesn't exist.

Electronic issues.

As in Phantom's electronics setting up in the rain or as in "the lights went out folks."