Sizzlin' in HOTlanta (DCI Southeast, Atlanta - July 30th)

interesting, because I feel the opposite. Crown is always trying too hard and it always seems like they are trying to prove something.

I wouldn't say that. But they definitely do have the most number of sections with forced runs and notes the past few years.

This Bluecoats show is losing steam, I feel.... Not placement wise, but energy-wise

really hope they devote a little more to music next year. great balance for the last couple of years for my taste, but this year just a tad too much import to the visual side of things.

i think the show is going to win, though.

Yeah, I don't buy the demand argument.

For instance, Academy is the only corps this season that plays a song in its entirety. They let it develop from a ballad to a powerful closer. That takes extraordinary demand, so much in fact that no one else even attempts it anymore.

Yeah, no. No one plays entire songs because it's too hard?

The corps of the '60s and '70s did nothing BUT play entire songs. The fact that few corps program their shows that way any more isn't because it's easier.

• Like 1

Keep looking at Bloo's guard like... so... are you gonna kill Bill or not?

• Like 3

I'm less sold on this Bluecoats show the more I see it. It's just... stale... to me. I don't understand how they've been winning visual, with so much body movement.

Talented corps, to be sure, but I really hope this sort of design dies after this season.

I don't hope it dies. I just hope it stays with the Bluecoats.

• Like 2