Who will peak first?

Yes. They did. You wanna know when the right time is? Finals night. They obviously didn't peak on Finals night, so no, they didn't peak at the right time. I genuinely wanna hear your argument against this.

Both those years had nothing to do with BD not peaking finals night. It has everything to do with Regiment and Crown, respectively. Regiment made a once in a generation run through Finals with Spartacus, and Crown put up a couple of 20's on finals night. In your zeal to bag Blue Devils, you're short-changing the other corps. Those two years were not about BD coming up short, it was about PR and CC being better on Finals night.

• Like 3

Yes. They did. You wanna know when the right time is? Finals night. They obviously didn't peak on Finals night, so no, they didn't peak at the right time. I genuinely wanna hear your argument against this.

So SCV peaked on finals night in 1987 when they lost by .1 to Cadets?

Both those years had nothing to do with BD not peaking finals night. It has everything to do with Regiment and Crown, respectively. Regiment made a once in a generation run through Finals with Spartacus, and Crown put up a couple of 20's on finals night. In your zeal to bag Blue Devils, you're short-changing the other corps. Those two years were not about BD coming up short, it was about PR and CC being better on Finals night.

I will agree with you on 2008 but not 2013. I think Crown won because they had a good run and BD did peak too early.

I will agree with you on 2008 but not 2013. I think Crown won because they had a good run and BD did peak too early.

BD increased their score from semis to finals more than Crown that year. Crown was just better.

• Like 1

BD increased their score from semis to finals more than Crown that year. Crown was just better.

Agreed. Carolina Crown beat BD fair and square in 2013. Had nothing to do with BD peaking.

• Like 1

I'm not trying to bag Devils; I like what they do. I'm just saying, Blue Devils' placement did not peak on Finals night. In 2008, their "peak" was practically the rest of the year. In 2013, it was on and off, though it seems they beat Crown more often earlier on. If they were ever 1st during the season, and then they were not 1st in Finals, they didn't peak on Finals night. Simple as that. (I have a huge respect for all corps, I feel we're arguing semantics at this point haha)

Placement wise, BD peaked. I know that they increased in score more than Crown but Crown pulled out first.

Peaking in my eyes has more to do with you getting your cleanest and maxing out your show, not placement.

You don't have control over what another corps does, so if you get beat by someone else even though you had your best show of the year on finals, just means the corps in front of you is better.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

Facts. Stop it.

• Like 1