So 2017 is your age out year, with whom do you want to march?

It was 1978 ... I was with the Oakland Crusaders. It was a pretty tough year for us. I was sitting in the back field stands after we performed with my girlfriend who was a member of the guard. It was early August ... we were at Butler, PA's "American International" show. By this point of the season, we pretty much knew we were associate and not finals bound. 27th Lancers came on, and they just performed their drum feature with the collapsing parallelogram and my girlfriend turned to me and said two words (or rather, two letters and one word) ... "GE City." I think it was at that moment I knew I wanted to march "27," a/k/a "GE City," for my last year. So let's say you are in a similar spot. You are twenty now ... who do you want to march with for your age out year? To clarify, I am not posing this to current MMs who are currently in the heat of battle. This is more a hypothetical question to those who are too old to compete, or are not competing now. If I were a mere 20, and not in the hunt for a top twelve spot now, and I craved to march under the finals lights sometime in my marching career and next year is my last shot, I would want to march with Bluecoats. To me, they are this year's version of "GE City." Who would you want to march with?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer

It's a real toss up between Vanguard and Crown for me. I think I'd say Vanguard.

showman - You make me feel old. I have been around the activity since 1975!

• Like 1

Typically I would say Phantom Regiment, but for 2017, it'll have to be Santa Clara Vanguard

• Like 2

What would have been my age out, being realistic with myself, it was Academy that year. Was really close to auditioning. Will forever regret letting that slip away.

After their show this year, that would definitely stay the same. That seems like something pretty special to be a part of.

If I could go anywhere though?

Don't even need to ask. Bluecoats. With a nod to marching bass with Cavaliers.

Edited by DrumManTx